Russia-Ukraine war, dipping auto sales dampen market mood – Maruti, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Hero MotoCorp amongst top losers
- Indian stock markets felt the pressure of escalating tensions between Russia and Ukraine.
- While the benchmark Nifty50 and Sensex opened in the green today, they were both down by over 1% each.
- 70-80% of the scrips in both the benchmark indices were in the red as of 11 a.m., including major stocks like Maruti Suzuki, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank and Hero MotoCorp.
AdvertisementEscalation of tensions in the ongoing Russia-Ukraine war has led the Sensex and Nifty plunge by over 1% on Wednesday, a day after a market holiday . Over 70% of the stocks in the benchmark Nifty50 index were in the red, while 80% of the scrips on Sensex were in the red.
The top losers include Maruti Suzuki, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Hero MotoCorp and others. Maruti Suzuki’s shares shed over 4% as of 11 a.m., and one of the contributors to the fall, apart from the overall market sentiments, could be the subdued sales numbers in February. India’s largest car maker’s sales growth was flat in February when compared to a year ago, with a little over 1.64 lakh unit sales.
Top losers in Nifty50
|Company||Last Price||Prev Close||Change||% Loss|
Vodafone Idea reportedly wants the government to release ₹15,000 crore bank guarantees ahead of its fundraising plan
Crude oil surges significantly to $109 per barrel as countries look for options other than Russia
Maruti Suzuki, Tata Motors, M&M, EaseMyTrip and other hot stocks on March 2
Popular on BI
- 9 best street foods in Mumbai you must try
- 10 cool places to hangout in Mumbai
- Indian festival holiday calendar for October and November 2023 at a glance
- Banks closed for 1/3rd of October 2023 – Check out dates and details
- Tax-friendly destinations: A guide to the world's lowest taxes countries