McDonald’s and Burger King supplier Mrs Bector's Foods to launch ₹540 crore IPO on December 15
- Mrs Bector’s Food Specialities is all set to float its ₹540 crore initial public offering (IPO) on December 15.
- The company is the largest supplier of buns in India to reputed QSR chains such as Burger King India, Connaught Plaza Restaurants, Hardcastle Restaurants, and more.
- Price band for the IPO has been set at ₹286-288, and the issue will close on December 17.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
AdvertisementA premium biscuit-maker and leading supplier of buns to fast-food chains like Burger King and McDonald's, Mrs Bector’s Food Specialities is all set to float its ₹540 crore initial public offering (IPO) on December 15.
The company manufactures and markets a range of products such as biscuits, bread and buns. It also markets a wide variety of bakery products under its flagship brand "Mrs Bector's Cremica" and the "English Oven".
Mrs Bector's Foods IPO opens next week
|Opens on||December 15|
|Closes on||December 17|
|Price band||₹286-288 per share|
|Reservation for retail investors||35%|
|Reservation for qualified institutional buyers||50%|
|Reservation for non-institutional buyers||15%|
Investors can bid for a minimum of 50 equity shares and thereafter in multiples of 50 equity shares. Company plans to use the IPO proceeds for financing the project cost towards its Rajpura expansion project by establishing a new production line for biscuits and for general corporate purpose.
Once the IPO is concluded, the shares are likely to hit the bourses on December 28. The equity shares will be listed on both the exchanges — BSE and NSE. SBI Capital Markets, ICICI Securities and IIFL Securities are the lead managers for its initial public offering (IPO).
Mrs Bector’s Food: All you need to know
- ITC, Britannia Parle are the key rivals for Mrs Bector's Food in the biscuits and bakery products segment.
- The company is the largest supplier of buns in India to reputed QSR chains such as Burger King India, Connaught Plaza Restaurants, Hardcastle Restaurants, and Yum! Restaurants and many more.
- The company has six manufacturing facilities located in Phillaur and Rajpura (Punjab), Tahliwal (Himachal Pradesh), Greater Noida (Uttar Pradesh), Khopoli (Maharashtra) and Bengaluru (Karnataka).
- The company’s net profit has seen a stellar growth of 282.18% from September 30, 2019 to September 30, this year, it said in its RHP.
- The Indian biscuits and bakery retail market is valued at ₹ 450.00 billion and is expected to grow at a CAGR of approximately 9% over the next five years.
The IPO of Mrs Bectors Food Specialities is the latest to come out with a public offering this year, which has seen 13 IPOs so far.
The recently concluded IPO of Burger King, saw a stellar response from investors — making it the second most subscribed IPO this year with a subscription of 156.65 times.
However, Mrs Bector’s Food might not be the end of IPOs this year — IRFC to RailTel and many more are on the anvil.
SEE ALSO: Facebook hit with 2 massive antitrust lawsuits from the FTC and 46 states seeking to spin off Instagram and WhatsApp
Airbnb prices IPO at $68 per share, will raise $3.5 billion
Popular on BI
- Jewellery brands deck up in hope of bumper festive sales ahead
- Xiaomi is worried that investigations in India might affect it cash flows, operating results
- Delhi and Kolkata are the two most polluted cities in the world: Report
- There is a yawning gap between the confidence of consumers and businesses
- TikTok’s in-app browser on iOS includes code that can monitor your keystrokes and taps