Nazara Technologies sees a blockbuster listing – shares list at 81% premium
- The company’s shares had been subscribed 175.43 times by the end of its last day of subscription.
- Nazara is the first pure play gaming company in India to head for the public markets.
- Nazara holds the licenced mobile gaming rights of popular cartoon characters like Chhota Bheem, Motu Patlu and Shikari Shambhu.
The shares were trading at ₹1819 at 10.08 am. However, by the end of the day the shares were trading at ₹1576.
Nazara’s strong listing saw its first hint in the grey market premium – where it was trading at 71% of its issue price of ₹1101. However, the grey market is not an official measure of the market premium.
AdvertisementThe company’s shares had been subscribed 175.43 times by the end of its last day of subscription. It received bids for 51.20 crore equity shares against the issue size of 29.20 lakh equity shares.
Nazara was the first pure play gaming company in India to head for the public markets, and had also garnered a lot of market interest as it is also backed by ace stock market expert Rakesh Jhunjhunwaala.
Nazara holds the licenced mobile gaming rights of popular cartoon characters like Chhota Bheem, Motu Patlu and Shikari Shambhu.
And it is the company’s stronghold in the booming gaming industry that has got a lot of attention from investors. According to a report by ICICI Direct, the gaming industry in India is currently valued at $ 1.54 billion and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 31% to $ 3.53 billion by 2023. And Nazara is well positioned to lead the growth.
The gaming company’s deep presence in India and abroad has also been working in its favour. In an earlier interview with Business Insider, Nazara’s chief executive officer Manish Agarwal had said that the company understood the Indian market and gaming mindset to develop content accordingly.
And analysts agree that this gives the company an advantage. “The company has an operating leverage advantage in gamified early learning on account of captive development of content being undertaken in India, while generating revenues inter alia from North America. Further, its leadership in eSports and sports simulation and geographical reach across India, Middle East, Africa and North America provide a strong foundation for growth,” said the ICICI Direct report.
Ahead of Nazara Technologies’ IPO, the CEO says its public listing will put Indian gaming on the world map
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- Apple M1 Pro and M1 Max vs M1: Here’s what Apple improved with its new custom chips
- Realme GT Neo 2 vs OnePlus Nord 2: Price, specs and features compared
- Titan, Kalyan Jewellers and other jewellery stocks rally in last one month on high bullion prices
- This Motilal Oswal-backed startup is planning to issue a million credit-based cards in the next 150 days relying on its $2 billion loan book
- Tata Nexon EV electrifies its launch campaign with Spotify India
- Top ten grocery brands in India: YouGov Report