Rakesh Jhunjhunwaala-backed Nazara Technologies IPO subscribed by 175 times
- Nazara was the first pure play gaming company in India to head for the public markets, and had also garnered a lot of market interest for the same.
- The company received bids for 51.2 crore equity shares against the issue size of 29.2 lakh equity shares.
- The basis of allotment for the IPO will be announced on March 24, 2021 while its shares will list by March 30, 2021.
The ₹583 crore initial public offering (IPO) of Indian gaming and sports media company Nazara Technologies was subscribed 175.43 times by the end of its last day of subscription.
View all Offers
View all Offers
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Gray Sierra, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage)₹ 29999Buy On
- 19% OFF
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) -Amoled Dot Display | 48MP Sony Sensor IMX582 | Snapdragon 678 Processor₹ 12999₹ 15999Buy On
- 70% OFF
boAt Rockerz 255 in-Ear Earphones with 8 Hours Battery, IPX5, Bluetooth V5.0 and Voice Assistant(Active Black)₹ 899₹ 2990Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9 (Carbon Black, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | 2.3GHz Mediatek Helio G35 Octa core Processor₹ 8999₹ 10999Buy On
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Blue Haze, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage)₹ 29999Buy On
The company received bids for 51.20 crore equity shares against the issue size of 29.20 lakh equity shares.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOUThe basis of allotment for the IPO will be announced on March 24, 2021 while its shares will list by March 30, 2021.
|Qualified Institutional Buyers||103.77 times|
|Retail individual||75.13 times|
Nazara was the first pure play gaming company in India to head for the public markets, and had also garnered a lot of market interest for the same. Nazara holds the licenced mobile gaming rights of popular cartoon characters like Chhota Bheem, Motu Patlu and Shikari Shambhu.
It also helps that the company is backed by ace stock market guru Rakesh Jhunjhunwaala. The stock market expert holds 11.38% shares in the company.
Analysts too have been bullish about the technology company’s market debut and the potential in the Indian gaming industry. “The gaming industry is set to witness over 30% CAGR (compound annual growth rate) over 2020-2023 (estimated) on the back of high mobile penetration, increasing internet penetration and increasing number of gamers. Nazara has a widespread presence both in terms of geography and product portfolio which offers strong growth visibility,” said a report by Aditya Birla Capital.
The 22-year old company founded by Nitish Mittersain also has its strong financials working in favour of it.
|FY2018||₹181.9 crore||₹1.02 crore|
|FY2019||₹186 crore||₹6.7 crore|
|FY2020||₹262.1 crore||-₹26.6 crore|
|Six months ended September 2020||₹207.06 crore||-₹10.1 crore|
In the last two years, the company has also invested $50 million into startups to expand its presence across gamified e-learning, esports, freemium games and more.
Future Retail shares take a massive hit as it loses the case against Amazon in Delhi High Court
EaseMyTrip lists at 13.5% premium – but gives up some of the listing gains soon after
- Let budget bring resurgence, TN CM Stalin advises officials
- Tokyo Olympics: PV Sindhu bags bronze medal in women's singles badminton for India
- GST revenue collection for July rises by 33% with ₹1,16,393 crore
- Policy ignition: India's satellite navigation sector set for higher growth trajectory
- COVID-19 cases in Kerala are spiking due to good detection, better reporting and early easing of restrictions