Nio's 2-day plunge stretches to 24% as electric-vehicle stock momentum slows
Nioshares fell as much as 18% Tuesday, extending their two-day loss to 24%.
- The company is one of several electric-vehicle makers to see sharp two-day declines.
Teslaspecifically has led a broader sell-off in tech stocks.
Nio stock slid as much as 18% on Tuesday, extending the electric-vehicle maker's two-day skid to 24%. The company has been swept up in a broader industry sell-off led by larger rival Tesla.
Shares of both company are being pulled back alongside other technology stocks as investors evaluate rising borrowing costs in the face of rising bond yields. Bond yields have stepped higher as investors price in a potential pickup in inflation on the back of economic recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic."Given their aggressive discounting to present of long-term cash flows, they're suffering from the same effects as investment grade corporate bonds and anything else that pushes cash flow far into the future," Bespoke Investment Group said of tech stocks in a Monday note.
Tesla shares fell 5% as much as 9% on Tuesday following a similarly-sized drop the prior day. The stock has been under pressure since the company stopped orders for the lowest-priced version of its Model Y SUV over the weekend.Prior to the two-day dip, Nio's stock price had been climbing in recent months on growing interest among investors in
- Bihar has no governance, state budget a bundle of lies : Tejashwi in assembly
- Haryana to table anti-conversion bill in upcoming budget session: Minister
- Bihar saw 8-fold growth in budget size during both RJD and NDA regimes : Tejashwi
- MVA govt trying to curtail budget session citing pandemic: BJP
- Gangubai Kathiawadi: An inspiring journey of a brothel head and a political leader of Kamathipura