Rally in Adani Group companies not only made Gautam Adani India’s richest man, but also made a fortune for its investors
- Shares of many Adani Group Companies have been rallying significantly, hitting their record-highs in recent times when markets have been nothing but volatile.
- Adani Power and Adani Wilmar doubled investors' money in the first three months of the year 2022.
- The rally in these shares has made Gautam Adani India's richest man, surpassing Mukesh Ambani who held the top position for quite some time.
AdvertisementBillionaire Gautam Adani-owned Adani Group companies have been making a fortune for its investors in recent times as the stocks have rallied exceptionally well.
At a time when the market has been very volatile under the concerns of supply crunch due to the Russia Ukraine war, high fuel prices leading to high inflation in many sectors, shares of almost all seven Adani Group companies have been only going up.
In fact, Adani Power and Adani Wilmar have doubled investors' money in the first three months of the year 2022.
The rally in these shares has made Gautam Adani India's richest man, according to Bloomberg Billionaire Index, surpassing Mukesh Ambani who held the top position for quite some time. He joined the $100 billion club of richest entrepreneurs in the world.
|Adani Group companies||52-week high||% return in 2022 so far|
|Adani Total Gas||₹2,380.45||33.75%|
The multibagger stock of Adani Wilmar is a leader in the edible oils segment with the brand ‘Fortune’. Its portfolio of products spans across three categories -- edible oil, packaged food and fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG), and industry essentials. The company has benefited from the recent spike in prices of cooking oil because of the Russia-Ukraine war.
Prices of cooking oil commodities across nations have shot up because of supply disruption fears in Russia and Ukraine. As a matter of fact, Ukraine and Russia together account for 90% of India’s sunflower oil imports.
Sunflower oil is one of the most popular edible oils consumed in India, alongside palm, soya and other alternatives. In fact, sunflower oil is the second most imported edible oil, next to only palm oil.
In 2021, India imported 70% of its sunflower oil requirements from Ukraine alone. Russia accounted for 20% and the balance 10% was from Argentina.
Meanwhile, Adani Total Gas surged significantly as the company announced its entry into electric mobility by launching its first electric vehicle charging station in Ahmedabad.
Adani Power share prices surged after the supreme court order came in favor of the company wherein the court asked some state-run distribution companies in Rajasthan to pay Adani Power its dues of ₹30.48 billion.
Following this, the market capitalization of Adani Group Companies comprising seven listed firms have spiked to $181 billion. Its businesses span across port management, electric power generation and distribution, renewable energy, mining, airport operations, natural gas, food processing and infrastructure
The utility sector finally recovering from GFC shock. $ADANIPOWER.NSE $TATAPOWER.NSE $CGPOWER.NSE to remain in focus.— (@Raj_Sharma) April 02, 2022
AdvertisementSEE ALSO: HDFC twins merger: HDFC Bank, HDFC together the second largest company in India, beating TCS
Meet Falguni Shah who won the best children’s music album of the year award at the Grammy’s
Popular on BI
- Samsung launches Galaxy S23, S23 Plus and S23 Ultra - All you need to know about the new flagship phones
- First Impressions: Samsung Galaxy S23, S23 Plus, and S23 Ultra bet big on photography and gaming
- Gautam Adani takes the high road and calls off Adani Enterprises FPO after a 28% crash in stock price
- Budget Impact: 10 stocks that stand to gain from FM’s announcements
- Budget to boost confidence of global investors and rating agencies on the India story