Adani Power, Tata Power, Suzlon and other renewable energy stocks surge as budget on additional PLI funds to manufacture solar equipment
- Finance minister has allocated an additional ₹19,500 crore to manufacture equipment for solar power under the PLI scheme.
- This is in line with the government’s consistent effort to cut India’s total projected carbon emission by 1 billion tonnes by 2030.
- Check quick developments and news related to the budget at Budget Insider.
AdvertisementShares of companies involved in manufacturing of clean energy surged after the Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced additional funds under the production linked incentive (PLI) scheme.
The budget allocated an additional ₹19,500 crore to manufacture equipment for solar power under the PLI scheme.
The PLI scheme typically provides incentives to companies for enhancing their domestic manufacturing.
Here are shares of renewable energy companies that are gaining:
|Companies into renewable energy||% stock as of 12:20 p.m.|
|Gital Renewable Energy||+4.99%|
|Sterling and Wilson Renewable Energy||+2.5%|
|Websol Energy System||+4.97%|
|Swelect Energy Systems||+1.65%|
A fund for agritech startup, inclusion of drones to boost Indian farming
Budget makes a special allocation for loans for small travel operators and other players in hospitality
Popular on BI
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- 2,000 years before 'manscaping' and smooth armpits, the Romans were seriously into hair removal, archaeological findings show
- Some people are apparently ditching their iPhones for a foldable Razr model. Yes, the kind that was popular 20 years ago.
- Adani Group repays loans worth $2.65 bn to complete prepayment programme
- Sensex, Nifty50 likely to open in the red amid volatility: Adani group, SBI Cards, Indigo among stocks to watch
- Henkel doubles down on India as hair care market at an inflection point – to evaluate laundry segment later
- IKIO Lighting IPO opens today: 10 things to know before you subscribe
- Best flagship phones in India in 2023