Markets remain worried as energy rich Russia faces harsh sanctions from western countries
- Indian markets fell sharply on Monday as rising international geopolitical tensions continue to rule the market.
- In the latest development on the Russia Ukraine war, western countries have announced a new set of sanctions to punish Russia for invading Ukraine.
- As a reaction to the Russia-Ukraine war, crude oil prices have risen, further escalating tensions over rising import bills for India.
In the latest development on the Russia-Ukraine war, western countries have announced a new set of sanctions to punish Russia for invading Ukraine. This includes blocking some banks from the SWIFT international payments system that do trillions of dollars worth of transactions. The international messaging service SWIFT is used by banks to send money around the world.
Addition of more severe sanctions on energy rich Russia kept equity markets across the word under pressure.
The Russia-Ukrainian war is an ongoing and protracted conflict that started in February 2014 over geopolitical issues and the situation has now become dangerous now.
This weakness is expected to continue especially after the Russian President Vladimir Putin put his nuclear forces on a higher alert in reaction to the latest stiff measures by western countries.
|Top losers||% change as of 10:30 a.m.|
|HDFC Life Insurance||-3%|
Considering India imports more than 80% of its oil requirements, the development is a major drawback for the country.
$NIFTY50.NSEFOR INVESTORS!Markets has given an amazing run from past few quarters and now giving a pause, Long term investors need not to worry as the Trend is still Strong and they should only ADD it to their existing positions onlyFOR POSITIONAL TRADERS !Markets just found supports at the lower weekly Range and its good time to go LONG and approach market with Staggered investments!Need to be ready as markets may offer a good BUYING SWINGFOR TRADERS!Market may have found supports but you need momentum in order squeeze low risk high reward Trades! A further move will confirm the further Up-move!As they say in markets, The right time to BUY is when FEAR in MARKET is the HIGHEST!— (@Tradingmonks) February 28, 2022
SEE ALSO: If you are an Indian stuck in Ukraine, here are some sources from where you can seek help
Bharti Airtel, Vodafone Idea, Reliance Industries, Future Retail and other hot stocks on February 28
- Kellyanne Conway says her husband was 'cheating by tweeting' his disdain for former President Trump in her new memoir
- The worst for Indian startups is yet to come — be prepared for layoffs, unicorn slowdown and startup shutdowns in 2022
- Not just India, many countries are protecting their wheat to keep daily bread, affordable
- Top investment banks split over Paytm — Macquarie sees Paytm at ₹450, ICICI Securities at ₹1,285
- The pandemic created 62 new ‘food’ billionaires and the Ukraine war will make them richer
- Saudi Arabia bans citizens from flying to India due to re-emergence of Covid-19
- Healthtech platform MFine lays off more than 500 employees amid financial crunch
- GoodWill ransomware detected in India makes victim donate to poor, provides financial help to needy patients