Snap and Twitter jump on announcement of integration partnership allowing users to share tweets via Snapchat
- Shares of
Snapand Twitter jumped on Thursday after Twitter launched a new feature on its iOS mobile app that allows users to embed tweets into snapchats.
- Snapchat's parent company, Snap Inc, jumped as high as 8% to $53 per share. Twitter gained 9.5% in intraday trading and is now hovering around $51 a share.
- Mobile Twitter users who are logged into the Snapchat app can now tap on a tweet and share it on snapchat via a snap story or a snapchat to a friend.
- Watch Snap trade live here.
- Watch Twitter trade live here.
Snapchat's parent company, Snap Inc, jumped as high as 8% and closed at $53.19 on Thursday. Twitter gained 9.5% in intraday trading and closed at $51.22.
Mobile Twitter users who are logged into the Snapchat app can now tap on a tweet and share it on snapchat via a snap story or a snapchat to a friend. The feature is available on iOS now.
Read more:Cathie Wood is beating 99% of fund managers this year. The ARK CEO and her team share their outlooks for 2021 - including thoughts on Tesla's $5 billion stock sale, the Salesforce-Slack tie-up, and bitcoin's meteoric rise.
According to Reuters, Twitter plans to roll out the feature soon for Android users. Reuters also reported that Twitter will start testing a similar integration feature for stories on Instagram for a small group of users.
Twitter is up 59% year-to-date, while Snap has been on an even bigger tear, up 221% in the same period.
- Unlocking the Wonders of Coconut Oil: From Culinary Delight to Wellness elixir
- Chestnuts: Nature's nutritional powerhouse
- Taylor Swift's ‘Eras Tour’ concert film set to premier in India
- Melting poles: Unprecedented levels of sea ice loss threatens global climate balance
- Peanuts: A nutty marvel of nutrition