Star Health Insurance IPO subscribed only 79% on last day; issue extended till 7 p.m.
- Star Health and Allied Insurance IPO has not been fully subscribed till the last day of the IPO and hence the issue has been extended till 7 p.m.
- The IPO has been subscribed 79% as of 4 p.m., on December 2
- The health insurer is looking to raise ₹7,249 crore through the public issue of shares.
- The grey market premium of the company’s shares stood at ₹15 over the upper price band of ₹900.
Rakesh Jhunjhunwala-backed Star Health and Allied Insurance initial public offering (IPO) has received a not-so-good response from investors in the three days of IPO bidding process. The issue has only been subscribed 79% as of 4 p.m., on December 2.
View all Offers
View all Offers
- 14% OFF
HP Pavilion 14, Intel 11th Gen Core i5 16GB RAM/512GB SSD 14-inch Laptop, FHD Micro-Edge Anti-Glare Display/Iris X Graphics/ Alexa/Backlit KB/B&O Audio/FPR /Win 11 Ready/1.41kg, 14-dv1002TU₹ 68990₹ 68990Buy On
- 15% OFF
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop PC 11th Gen Intel Core i5 Processor (16GB/1TB SSD/NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060Ti 8GB Graphics/Windows 11/MS Office/Shadow Black with Violet), TG01-2008in₹ 102490₹ 102490Buy On
- 35% OFF
Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury Wired Gaming Mouse, 4,000 DPI, Lightweight, 8 Programmable Buttons, Compatible with PC/Mac - Black₹ 2195₹ 2195Buy On
2020 Apple MacBook Pro (13.3-inch/33.78 cm, Apple M1 chip with 8‑core CPU and 8‑core GPU, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD) - Space Grey₹ 108990₹ 108990Buy On
NZXT H510 - Compact ATX Mid-Tower PC Gaming Case with NZXT C650 PSU 80 Plus Gold 650 Watt Modular Gaming PSU₹ 667907₹ 667907Buy On
Following this, the issue has been extended till 7 p.m., on December 2, for retail and eligible employees. For non-institutional investors the deadline has been extended till 6 p.m.
Note that the IPO bidding time is usually from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
AdvertisementThe poor demand for the health insurer’s IPO is because analysts feel that the IPO is overvalued. Non-institutional investors and employees of the company have given a huge miss to the IPO as seen in the subscription figures.
|Qualified institutional investors||1.03 times|
|Non-institutional investors||0.18 times|
Most mutual funds also avoided the IPO in the anchor allotment round as reportedly the valuations seemed too expensive.
The IPO received bids for 3.5 crore equity shares as against 4.4 crore shares available for subscription.
In line with the weak subscription status, shares of the company are demanding a premium of just ₹15 in the grey market.
The IPO consists of a fresh issue of shares worth ₹2,000 crore and an offer for sale of 5.83 crore shares by existing promoters and shareholders.
SEE ALSO: Bounce Infinity electric scooter launched — Here are the details on price, range, subsidies and more
SBI’s former chairperson Rajnish Kumar joins OYO’s board ahead of IPO
EXCLUSIVE: WhatsApp’s Grievance Officer in India quits within six months
Popular on BI
- DDA budget: TOD hub, cycle walk, drain projects for better Delhi
- DA budget approved: DMRC grant; allocation for housing, other projects
- Government appoints Vikram Dev Dutt as Air India chief
- Great Republic Day Sale: Best deals on microwaves, refrigerators and washing machines on Amazon
- Amazon Republic Day Sale 2022 — Best deals and offers on TVs