Tata Power says it has made ‘no such decision’ on an IPO for its renewable energy business
- Several media reports had claimed that the listed
Tata Poweris looking to separately list its renewable energy business.
- As per reports, Tata Power is looking to raise $473 million through the said IPO.
- However, in a regulatory filing on Monday morning, the company denied the same.
AdvertisementTata Power, a listed subsidiary of the
Over the weekend, several media reports had claimed that the listed Tata Power is looking to separately list its renewable energy business. As per the reports, Tata Power is looking to raise $473 million through the said IPO.
However, in a regulatory filing on Monday morning, the company denied the same. “It may be noted that such reports are speculative in nature and the Company has taken no such decision. In the course of the business, the Company evaluates various business options. As and when a decision is taken, the same shall be communicated to the Stock Exchanges as per regulations,” said the company’s statement.
The shares of the company fell marginally on Monday morning after its clarification. The shares were trading at ₹98.25 at 10.30 a.m.
Earlier, Tata Power was set to raise $2 billion from Malaysian oil giant Petronas, however the plan didn’t go through.
Tata Power is one of the leading energy companies in the country and has a total capacity of 12.8 Gigawatts – the third largest in the country.
The reports for an IPO of its renewable energy business comes at a time when another leading renewables business
Reliance Industries’ earnings disappoint markets – stocks fall by over 2% in morning trade
Popular on BI
- Unveiling the impact of Flipkart on innovation and growth in seller success stories
- PM Modi moves to increase Jan Aushadhi Kendras, launches Drone Didi Yojana
- Arijit most streamed singer in India in 2023; Taylor Swift dominates global chart
- 10 simple diet changes for rapid belly fat loss
- From Redmi to Vivo – Smartphones set to hit the Indian market in December