Tesla stock options traders are even more bullish than Elon Musk, betting shares will soar nearly 400%
- Tesla options are traded more than any other stock, according to CBOE data cited by the Wall Street Journal.
- Nearly 3 million contracts for Tesla options are traded daily, up from 1.5 million a year ago, accounting for roughly 7% of all options trading.
Wall Street loves options trades on Tesla stock, and the most popular bet would see shares surge nearly 400% within the next year.
Tesla options are traded more than any other company's stock, according to CBOE data cited by the Wall Street Journal. On average, nearly 3 million contracts for Tesla options are traded daily, up from 1.5 million a year ago, accounting for roughly 7% of all options trading.
And on January 6, options trades on Tesla touched over 5.2 million, making up 10% total volume on the busiest day for options contracts.
The most popular options bet for Tesla would see the stock double from its all-time high of $409.97, which represents roughly a 394% increase from the current trading price.
Those options traders are even more bullish than CEO Elon Musk, who told analysts on an earnings call Wednesday that "Tesla will be the most valuable company on earth."
For Tesla to reach that milestone, it would have to surpass Apple's current market valuation of $2.3 trillion, which would equate to Tesla stock surging 323% to $698.
Investors are continuing to show signs of optimism toward Tesla, despite a brutal 2022 that saw the stock plummet 64% amid concerns about Musk's preoccupation running Twitter, Federal Reserve rate hikes and a slowing economy.
Investors have parted with over $700 billion on options trades connected to Tesla from January 2022, surpassing any other stock on Wall Street or exchange-traded fund.
And Tesla stock has rallied more than 30% so far this month, with a strong fourth-quarter earnings report this week adding to the bullishness.
- Durjoy Datta tweets about Paytm UPI LITE making payments faster and easier, fellow author Ravinder Singh responds
- OnePlus Nord CE 3 leaks ahead of launch – specs, expected launch date and more
- JPMorgan Chase thought it had $1.3 million worth of nickel stored in a warehouse. A closer examination revealed bags of stones.
- Meet Rekha Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, the top Indian entrant in 2023 M3M Hurun Global Rich List
- Cyrus Poonawalla’s wealth grows as his health empire remains unlisted
- Adani Airports following investments as per plans submitted to govt: CEO
- Chinese leader Xi Jinping departs Russia but fails to achieve breakthrough in Ukraine conflict
- Healthcare, consumer goods minted the most Indian dollar billionaires