Tesla's surge to record highs catapults Elon Musk's net worth to $250 billion
Teslajumped as much as 2% on Friday, hitting a new all-time-high of $910 per share.
- The move higher came a day after the EV manufacturer announced record profits and revenue.
- Tesla's surge on Friday helped drive
Elon Musk's net worth to about $250 billion.
View all Offers
- 40% OFF
Da URBAN® Miller Medium Back Office/Revolving Chair (Black)₹ 4999₹ 8999Buy On
Wipro Adapt High Back Mesh Ergonomic Home-Office Chair with AWSM, Adjustable armrest, Cushion Lumbar & headrest, Durable Nylon Frame,5yr wrnty,BIFMA Certified,IDM Winner, Premium Fabric(Black)₹ 12499₹ 21500Buy On
- 28% OFF
Sleepwell Starlite Discover 4-inch Firm Single Size Foam Mattress (72*36*4 Inches)₹ 3299₹ 3358Buy On
Amazon Brand - Solimo Polaris Engineered Wood Oak Finish Queen Bed with Box Storage (Imperial Teak)₹ 12449₹ 21999Buy On
Amazon Brand - Solimo Trance High Back Mesh Contemporary Office Chair (Black)₹ 6799₹ 13500Buy On
Tesla rose as much as 2% to hit a high of $910 per share, eclipsing its prior high of $900.40 reached in January, and catapulting the company's valuation to more than $900 billion for the first time ever.
On Wednesday, Tesla reported third quarter earnings that beat analyst estimates and revealed record profits and sales for the company, even in the face of ongoing supply chain constraints driven by a lack of semiconductors.
The move higher in Tesla helped push Elon Musk's net worth to about $250 billion on Friday. Musk's held a 22.4% stake in Tesla at the start of the year, which is now worth about $201 billion. A bulk of Musk's remaining wealth comes from SpaceX, which was recently valued at $100 billion and is the second most valuable private company in the world, behind TikTok parent ByteDance.
Musk is estimated to own about 48% of SpaceX, assuming recent funding rounds for the space exploration company didn't dilute his stake.
And Musk's net worth can climb even higher as he receives more Tesla shares tied to his elaborate compensation plan, which grants him options depending on certain profit, revenue, and market valuation milestones.
Driven mostly by Tesla's year-to-date gain of 28%, Musk has seen his net worth surge by more than $75 billion in 2021.
- pi Ventures plans to invest in 25 young startups with its latest $75 million fund
- Best deals on hair straighteners, trimmers and other grooming products on Amazon
- Amazon Republic Day Sale 2022 — Best deals and offers on Echo smart speakers, Fire TV Sticks and more
- Two IndiGo planes avert mid-air collision over Bengaluru airport, DGCA to take strict action
- India's tennis star Sania Mirza announces retirement from the sport by the end of 2022 season