This railway stock has turned a multibagger as its order book expands
- The stock of Rail Vikas Nigam has surged 42% in the last five sessions, and has been on an upswing for the last six months.
- On April 26, the stock hit its 52-week high at ₹114.70.
- There are also reports of Indian Railways taking up the production of 120 advanced Vande Bharat Express trains by August 2023.
In fact, on April 26, the stock hit its 52-week high at ₹114.70.
The interest in the stock is due to the series of orders it has bagged in the last few months. As per media reports, a consortium of RVNL and Russia's CJSC Transmashholding became the lowest bidder for a mega order to manufacture and maintain 200 trainsets of Vande Bharat.
Earlier this month, RVNL also emerged as the lowest bidder for a Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) project worth ₹378 crore.
|Month||Orders won||Order value|
|March||Construction of 6-lane Greenfield Varanasi-Ranchi-Kolkata Highway in consortium with Tracks & Towers Infratech||₹1,271 crore|
|March||Manufacturing-cum-maintenance of Vande Bharat Express trains||200 trainsets and cost per set is ₹120 crore|
|March||Construction of Six-Lane Elevated Kona Expressway||₹720 crore|
|April||Lowest bidder for provision of E1-based Automatic Signaling in stations between Jhansi - Gwalior||₹121 crore|
|April||Mumbai Metro line||₹378 crore|
Rail Vikas Nigam executes all types of railway projects including new lines, gauge conversion, railway electrification, metro projects, workshops, major bridges, construction of cable-stayed bridges, and institutional buildings.
It works on a turnkey basis and undertakes the full cycle of project development from conceptualisation to commissioning, including stages of design, preparation of estimates, calling contracts, and project and contract management. The public- sector player has also incorporated a subsidiary named Kinet Railway Solutions.
|Rail Vikas Nigam||FY21||FY22||FY23 estimated|
|Sales||₹15,403 crore||₹19,381 crore||₹20,020 crore|
|Other income||₹807 crore||₹903 crore||₹1,001 crore|
|Net profit||₹991 crore||₹1,182 crore||₹1,298 crore|
Vande Bharat programme an upside trigger for RVNL
There seem to be more orders on the way for the company, as media reports suggest that the Indian Railways will start the production of 120 advanced Vande Bharat Express trains by August 2023.
The central government has sanctioned ₹600 crore to set up a coach factory at Latur and to begin the operations at the earliest. Presently, 14 Vande Bharat Express trains are operating on different routes across the country.
“100 transport infrastructure projects identified for end-to-end connectivity for ports, coal, steel and fertiliser sectors. It’s the highest-ever capital allocation for Railways and is nearly nine times over FY14 allocations with an outlay of ₹2.4 lakh crore provided for railways in FY24,” said a report by Asit C Mehta Investment Intermediates titled ‘Accelerating growth prospects’.
As more orders are set to roll in, brokerages expect RVNL’s revenue and margins to improve as well. “Management expects margins to gradually improve as the share of nomination-based bidding comes off (cost + fixed margin). For FY23, management targets a revenue of ₹200-205 billion,” said the Elara report.
Analysts at Asit C Mehta said they expected the company’s revenue to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of almost 20% over FY23-FY26.
“RVNL’s expertise and experience in diversified infrastructure projects - from rails, roads, marine, hill areas, metro trains and many other areas, with (an) existing strong order book, we believe RVNL is well placed to capitalise on these opportunities,” said Asit C Mehta.
$RVNL.NSE Strong Reasons to buy this Stock:> Big Elephant Candle closed above 100> Any Dip at 100 is a Buy> High Dilevery Volume> Daily RSI above 60Buy At 100 Stop loss 80Target 150Risk to Reward 1:2.5R— (@nifty_alchemist) April 26, 2023
SEE ALSO: Bajaj Auto rides on richer product mix in Q4, but export and disruption concerns persist
Your comprehensive document checklist for income tax return filing
- The Cybertruck's lack of door handles confused its first buyers — leading Elon Musk to show them how to open the truck
- Adani Group to invest USD 75 bn to scale up AGEL's RE portfolio to 45 GW: Gautam Adani
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- Electric eels can change the genetic composition of other organisms by shocking them!
- Exploring vibrant flavors: 10 healthy salad options in India
- 10 dry fruits to include in your daily winter diet
- Paytm to focus on big ticket loans to low-risk credit-worthy customers
- 10 Cities in India perfect for a chill and relaxed life