Top stock movers — Tata Motors, Zee Entertainment, ICICI Bank, Cadila Healthcare, Sterlite Technologies and others
- The 30-share BSE index Sensex was trading 385 points higher at 9:50 am, and NSE Nifty was up 0.92%.
- Here’s a list of the top losers and gainers in the Nifty pack.
- These are the top stocks that are buzzing in trade today.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
The 30-share BSE index Sensex was trading 385 points higher at 9:50 am, and NSE Nifty was up 0.92%.
Here’s a list of the top losers and gainers in the Nifty pack.
*as of November 3, 9:45 am
|Top Nifty Gainers||Top Nifty Losers|
|ICICI Bank||Adani Ports|
These are the top stocks in news today.
Zee Entertainment trades 3% higher
The shares of Zee Entertainment Enterprises gained over 3% after the broadcasting company reported a consolidated net profit of ₹93.41 crore for the second quarter ended September 30. During the quarter under review, its total income was ₹1,760.61 crore as against ₹2,190.13 crore in the same period a year ago.
ICICI Bank trades 4% higher
The private sector lender, ICICI Bank extended gains for the second straight day after rallying over 6%, yesterday. The rally was led by over a six-fold jump in its standalone net profit at ₹4,251 crore for the second quarter ended September 30.
Larsen & Toubro gains over 1%
The shares of construction engineering company Larsen & Toubro gained over 1% after it emerged as the lowest bidder for the C6 package of the National High-Speed Rail Corporation’s (NHSRCL) bullet train project, at ₹7,289 crore. This is the second contract for the company in the mega project.
Cadila Healthcare leaps 9%
The shares of drug major Cadila Healthcare soared 9% post strong result announcement. The company reported an over four-fold jump in its consolidated net profit to ₹473.4 crore for the quarter ended September 30. It has also significantly reduced its net debt-by ₹2,709 crore in the first six months of FY21, which is a 40% reduction from net debt reported in March 2020.
Sterlite Technologies up nearly 2%
AdvertisementThe shares of fiber optic cable manufacturing company, Sterlite Tech gained 2% after the company said it would acquire Italy’s Optotec S.p.A., a company specializing in optical interconnect products, for €29 million.
Tata Motors up 3%
The shares of Indian auto giant Tata Motors gained over 3% after it reported a 27% jump in its total domestic sales to 49,669 units in October. The passenger vehicle segment grew 80%, whereas the commercial vehicle segment witnessed a marginal growth at 2%.
SEE ALSO: At least 2 people dead and more than a dozen injured in Vienna terror attack
AdvertisementHow the electoral college works and how the president will be selected this year
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- The best wildlife photos of the year show a curious grizzly, dueling reindeer, and fish swimming through a cloud of sperm
- Trading app Public lists shiba inu coin on its trading platform as the Robinhood rival broadens crypto offerings
- IDBI Bank's net profit jumps 75% despite higher provisions
- Asian Paints' net profit drops 29% on high raw material prices
- Dearness allowance hiked to 31% for central government employees
- IAF aircraft Mirage 2000 crashes in Madhya Pradesh's Bhind district, pilot ejected safely
- Wunderman Thompson South Asia’s Tarun Rai moves into a new role as Executive Director Strategic Initiatives, APAC