Top stocks to watch— L&T, Biocon, M&M, PNB, Tata Power, Bharat Earth Movers and others
- At 7:49 am the Sgx Nifty was trading 0.60% higher.
- Here’s a list of stocks to watch for in trade today.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
A historic quarterly GDP contraction at 23.9% could weigh on the market sentiment but watch out stock-specific newsflow.
View all Offers
View all Offers
- 14% OFF
iQOO 7 5G (Storm Black, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) | 3GB Extended RAM | Upto 12 Months No Cost EMI | 6 Months Free Screen Replacement₹ 29990₹ 34990Buy On
- 14% OFF
Apple iPhone 11 (64GB) - Black₹ 41999₹ 49900Buy On
- 11% OFF
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 5G (Phantom Black, 8GB RAM, 256GB Storage) with No Cost EMI/Additional Exchange Offers₹ 84999₹ 95999Buy On
- 11% OFF
iQOO 7 Legend 5G (Legendary Track Design, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) | 3GB Extended RAM | Upto 12 Months No Cost EMI | 6 Months Free Screen Replacement | Extra Rs.3000 Off on Exchange₹ 39990₹ 44990Buy On
- 6% OFF
OnePlus 9 5G (Arctic Sky, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage)₹ 46999₹ 49999Buy On
The global market has also shown mixed sentiments. At 7:49 am the SGX Nifty was trading 0.60% higher. US indices ended mixed on Monday as Wall Street wrapped up its best August in more than 30 years. The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.78%. However, the Nasdaq Composite Index rose 0.68%.
These are the stocks to watch out for during the trading session on September 1:
Larsen & Toubro (L&T)
AdvertisementLarsen & Toubro (L&T) on Monday announced the closure of the strategic divestment of L&T Electrical and Automation business to Schneider Electric for ₹14,000 crore.
The deal was earlier announced in May 2018 and took over 2 years to be completed after receiving the requisite regulatory approvals. The shares of L&T ended 4% lower yesterday.
Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw owned Biocon’s subsidiary along with Mylan NV launched Semglee, an insulin glargine injection in the US market.
The company told investors that ‘Semglee’ has received final approval from the US FDA and has an identical amino acid sequence to Sanofi’s Lantus, a drug that is used to control high blood sugar.
The shares of Biocon ended 4% lower yesterday.
Mahindra and Mahindra
AdvertisementMahindra and Mahindra (M&M) extended the date of sale of its entire stake in Neo Solren to CLP India. The company said that due to COVID-19 the sale of stake is expected to be done by September, earlier August was the deadline set by the company.
The shares of M&M ended 4% lower yesterday.
Punjab National Bank
India’s second-largest lender Punjab National Bank hiked its repo-linked lending rate (RLLR) by 15 basis points (bps) to 6.80 per cent. 100 basis points make 1%.
All new retail loans related to housing, education, vehicles and credit to MSMEs are linked to RLLR. The shares of PNB ended 6% lower yesterday.
Bharat Earth Movers Ltd and Tata Power
The Indian defence ministry sealed a deal with domestic defence majors to procure Pinaka rocket launchers for six Army regiments at the cost of ₹2,580 crore.
AdvertisementThe deal has been signed with Tata Power Company Ltd (TPCL) and engineering major Larsen & Toubro (L&T) while defence public sector undertaking Bharat Earth Movers Ltd (BEML) will also be part of the project.
The shares of BEML ended 8% lower yesterday, and Tata Power was down 4%.
SEE ALSO: Apna Time Aayega? Remembering Pranab Mukherjee, a village boy who couldn’t be stopped from being India’s first citizen
Indian economy contracts 23.9% in the April-June quarter
Popular on BI
- WhatsApp won’t work on these phones from November 1: Check the full list
- Shiba Inu hits another all-time-high — now more valuable than Adani Enterprises, Tata Steel and Tech Mahindra
- Shiba Inu is not only bigger than Dogecoin — it’s now bigger than XRP, Polkadot and USD Coin as the seventh-biggest player in the market
- IRCTC will lose a chunk of its revenue to the Indian government starting next month
- EaseMyTrip makes its first acquisition in 13 years to strengthen its hotel offerings
- Portugal''s political fate uncertain after govt budget defeat
- Battlegrounds Mobile India gets Dune-themed rewards in new crossover
- YouTube is the most-used social media platform by influencers in India: AnyTag report