Top stocks to watch — RIL, Airtel, Vodafone-Idea, TCS, Tata Steel, CAMS, NMDC and others
- At 7:40 am, the SGX Nifty was down 0.05%, indicating a lower start for Nifty50.
- Here’s a list of stocks to watch for in trade today.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
At 7:40 am, the SGX Nifty was down 0.05%, indicating a lower start for Nifty50. The US stocks closed lower on Monday as investors weighed vaccine distributions, stimulus progress, and the possibility of new economic restrictions. The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed 185 points lower, and the S&P 500 was down 0.44%.
These are the stocks to watch out for during the trading session today:
AdvertisementThe ₹1,378-crore share buyback of the state-owned National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC) will be starting on December 17 and will remain open till December 31.
The shares of NMDC closed 5% higher on Monday.
RIL, Airtel and Vodafone-idea
The telecom arm of RIL, Reliance Jio, has accused Airtel and Vodafone Idea of resorting to unethical ways to spread rumours that Reliance stands to gain from the new farm laws. The telecom operator in a letter to the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai) has sought strict action against the two companies and said that such acts of the rival companies could jeopardise safety and security of Jio’s employees.
The shares of RIL, Airtel and Vodafone-idea closed nearly 1% lower on Monday.
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
IT services major Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) said it had expanded its strategic partnership with Star Alliance, the world’s largest airline alliance with 26 members including Air India, Air Canada and Air China.
AdvertisementTCS’ partnership with Star Alliance spans over 15 years and multiple geographies. Under the expanded scope of the partnership, TCS will provide predictive and real-time business analytics, improve customers’ overall experience and accelerate Star Alliance’s digital transformation journey, the company said in a statement.
The shares of TCS closed 0.47% higher on Monday.
Tata Steel has acquired 4.32% additional equity in Tata Steel Minerals Canada, taking its overall indirect shareholding to 82% in the company.
The shares of Tata Steel closed 1% higher on Monday.
Computer Age Management Services (CAMS)
Computer Age Management Services (CAMS) has incorporated a wholly-owned subsidiary named CAMS Payment Services. It will be making an application to the RBI for registration as a payment aggregator.
AdvertisementThe shares of CAMS closed 0.46% higher on Monday.
Bank of Maharashtra
The State-run Bank of Maharashtra has raised over ₹200 crore through a private placement of bonds. The fundraising is part of the lender’s ₹1,000 crore tier-II bond programme.
The shares of Bank of Maharashtra closed 0.69% higher on Monday.
SEE ALSO: INTERVIEW: Home recipes that are set for a $73 million IPO— Mrs Bector’s Food is no cookie cutter
YouTube, Gmail, Google Meet, Google Docs and Play Store restored for some users as others still face outage
Popular on BI
- DBS Bank’s custom financing leads the way for companies trying to reach net-zero goals
- Republic Day 2022 – Here is a list of wishes and messages you can send to your fellow citizens
- The world's 5 richest tech tycoons — including Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, and Bill Gates — have already lost about $85 billion this year amid a brutal market sell-off
- OPINION: Tax consolidation schemes need of the hour for India’s renewable energy sector
- Brands celebrate Republic Day with patriotic fervour
- Air India's new policy on pre-flight weight checks is not going well with its staff
- Anand Mahindra responds after farmer's humiliation at SUV showroom
- MakeMyTrip has a new CEO as founder Deep Kalra moves into chief mentor role