Top stocks to watch – SpiceJet, InterGlobe Aviation, Tata Motors, Pfizer, Asian Paints, NIIT, Lupin, and others
- At 7:45 am, SGX
Niftywas up by 150 points, or over 1%.
- Here’s a list of stocks to watch for in trade today.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
At 7:45 am, SGX Nifty was up by 150 points, or over 1%, suggesting that the Indian stock exchanges will have a positive start to the day. This is despite the US stock exchanges sliding over revived lockdown fears. The Dow Jones barely closed in the green, up by 0.12%, while S&P 500 was down by 0.39%.
These are the stocks to watch out for during the trading session today:
Airline stocks –
AdvertisementWith India suspending flights to the UK till December 31, airline stocks SpiceJet and InterGlobe Aviation will be in the focus. While SpiceJet fell by 10% yesterday, InterGlobe Aviation fell by 9.39%.
Hotel stocks – Indian Hotel, Kamat Hotels
The Maharashtra government announced night curfew from December 22 to January 5. This brings hotel stocks such as Indian Hotel, Kamat Hotels, and The Oberoi Group’s EIH under focus in trade today.
The company announced that it is increasing prices of commercial vehicles from January 1 due to an increase in input cost and the impact of forex rates.
Pfizer has received approval from the European Medicines Agency for the BioNTech COVID vaccine in the European Union.
Lupin received US FDA approval for its Banzel oral suspension.
AdvertisementEdelweiss Retail Finance has acquired 2.04 lakh shares of the company at ₹974 per share.
The company’s promoter entity Smiti Holding and Trading Company has released a pledge on 9 lakh shares.
The company’s board is meeting on December 24 to consider share buyback.
Sensex sees 2 weeks of gain wiped out in half a day – plunges by over 1,400 points
India suspends all flights from UK until December 31 as a new COVID-19 strain emerges
- Uttar Pradesh government announces Sunday lockdown amid rising COVID-19 cases in the state
- OPPO A74 smartphone with 5G support and 90Hz display to launch in India soon, to be priced under ₹20,000
- VCs say 10 unicorns in 4 months may seem too small by the end of this year
- Timelapse in Google Earth shows you the slow and scary demise of our only home in 3D
- Bhima Jewellery’s ‘Pure as love’ campaign is trending, and for all the right reasons