Top stocks to watch — Tata Motors, NTPC, Cadila Healthcare, Adani Enterprises, Muthoot Finance, Dabur, and others
- The SGX Nifty was trading 0.62% higher at 7:45 am, indicating a higher start for Nifty50.
- Here’s a list of stocks to watch for in trade today.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
AdvertisementAmidst positive cues from the global markets, the Indian equities are likely to open higher on Tuesday. The SGX Nifty was trading 0.62% higher at 7:45 am, indicating a green start for Nifty50.
The US stock markets also soared on Monday, as encouraging economic data and election bets lifted indexes. The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed 423 points higher, and the S&P 500 gained 1.23%.
These are the stocks to watch out for during the trading session on November 3:
Auto giant Tata Motors reported a 27% jump in its total domestic sales to 49,669 units in October. The passenger vehicle segment grew 80%, whereas the commercial vehicle segment witnessed a marginal growth at 2%.
The shares of Tata Motors ended flat on Tuesday.
The drug major Cadila Healthcare reported an over four-fold jump in its consolidated net profit to ₹473.4 crore for the quarter ended September 30. The company had posted a net profit of ₹107.2 crore for the corresponding period of the previous financial year. The company has significantly reduced its net debt-by ₹2,709 crore in the first six months of FY21, which is a 40% reduction from net debt reported in March 2020.
The shares of Cadila Healthcare ended 3% lower on Tuesday.
The board of state-owned power giant NTPC has approved the buyback of 19.78 crore equity shares at a price of ₹115 per unit for an aggregate amount of ₹2,275.74 crore. The company has fixed November 13 as the record date for the purpose of ascertaining the eligibility of shareholders for buyback of equity shares.
AdvertisementThe shares of NTPC ended 2.23% higher on Tuesday.
The fiber optic cable manufacturing company, Sterlite Tech said it would acquire Italy’s Optotec S.p.A., a company specializing in optical interconnect products, for €29 million. The company said that the acquisition would create a solid springboard to offer a complete bouquet of solutions to customers across Europe, India and the Middle East.
The shares of Sterlite Tech ended 2% lower on Tuesday.
The Airports Authority of India (AAI) handed over the Lucknow airport to the Adani group on lease for a period of 50 years. The AAI had signed concession agreements with the Adani group on February 14 for operations, management and development of the Mangaluru, Lucknow and Ahmedabad airports.
AdvertisementThe shares of Adani Enterprises ended 0.16% higher on Tuesday.
Shipping Corporation of India
The board of the Shipping Corporation of India is slated to meet on November 6 to discuss the demerger of non-core assets.
The shares of Shipping Corporation of India ended 2% lower on Tuesday.
Nagarjuna Construction Company
Nagarjuna Construction Company (NCC) bagged orders worth ₹833 crore from the mining division of Coal India’s arm.
AdvertisementThe shares of Nagarjuna Construction Company ended 1% lower on Tuesday.
Muthoot Finance, PVR, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries, Dabur and Adani Ports
Muthoot Finance, PVR, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries, Dabur and Adani Ports are the top companies slated to report their quarterly earnings today.
SEE ALSO: At least 2 people dead and more than a dozen injured in Vienna terror attack
How the electoral college works and how the president will be selected this year
Popular on BI
- An overlooked group of borrowers will be hit hard as student loan repayments resume, former Fed economist says
- TikTok's strategy for US dominance is straight out of Amazon's playbook — but creators are the fuel for its flywheel
- Robin Williams' daughter says she finds AI recreations of her father's voice 'personally disturbing'
- Survey shows people find no improvement in public toilets across country
- Sebi extends deadline for listed cos to confirm or deny market rumours
- Tom Hanks, a dental plan promotion and an AI
- New 'inverse vaccine' shows potential to treat multiple sclerosis, diabetes: Study
- TDP leaders stage hunger strike In Delhi against arrest of Chandrababu Naidu