Top stocks to watch — TCS, RIL, Maruti, Airtel, Godrej Properties, Oberoi Realty, Sobha, and others
- At 7:45 am, the SGX Nifty was trading flat, indicating a tepid start for Nifty50.
- Here's a list of stocks to watch for in trade today.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
AdvertisementIndian stock-market indices are likely to start lower on Wednesday, led by mixed cues from the global markets.
At 7:45 am, the SGX Nifty was trading flat, indicating a tepid start for Nifty50. However, the US stocks closed at record highs on Wednesday as the prospect for more stimulus under a Democratic-controlled Senate offset chaos at the US Capitol. The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed 437 points higher, and the S&P 500 was up 0.57%.
These are the stocks to watch out for during the trading session today:
Godrej Properties, Oberoi Realty, Indiabulls Real Estate, Sunteck Realty, and other realty stocks
After reducing stamp duties, the Maharashtra government has given a further boost for real estate developers. On January 6, the Maharashtra cabinet approved the proposal to cut the premium on real estate projects by 50% till December 31, 2021.
In its quarterly update, Sobha Limited said its total sales value was up 22.2% to ₹887.6 crore during the quarter. Good demand across product categories has helped Sobha lock in improved sales. It also registered its highest price realisation in the past six quarters.
Telecom stocks: Airtel, Vodafone-Idea, RIL, and others
The telecom department has issued a notice, inviting applications from companies for the sixth round of 4G spectrum auction for radio waves worth ₹3.92 lakh crore. The auction will begin from March 1, while the companies who wish to bid for the spectrum can submit their applications till February 5.
On Wednesday, homegrown pharma major Lupin said it has received approval from the US health regulator to market its generic version of sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim oral suspension used to treat bacterial infections.
AdvertisementDixon Technologies has bagged a twin wireless speakers manufacturing contract from boAt. The company will be manufacturing the said products from its manufacturing facility located at Noida.
Private lender Bandhan Bank said its loans and advances grew by 23% year-on-year to ₹80,255 crore during the third quarter of the current fiscal. During the quarter, its total deposits increased by 30% to ₹71,188 crore compared to the corresponding period last year.
Maruti Suzuki India, the country's largest carmaker, said its total production in December increased 33.78%.
AdvertisementKishore Biyani-led Future Consumer's loan default amount till December 31 stands at ₹90 crore and total outstanding loan amount stands at ₹329 crore.
Tata Consultancy Services
Tata Sons tendered shares worth ₹9,997 crore of Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) during the IT major's ₹16,000 crore-buyback offer that concluded recently. The single largest shareholder of TCS, Tata Sons, tendered more than 3.33 crore shares during the offer.
SEE ALSO: boAt raises over $100 million from Warburg Pincus — analysts expect the headphone brand to double its revenue to ₹10 billion this financial year
Analysts explain why Burger King and Mrs Bector’s shares fell with a thud — and what to do now
Popular on BI
- Toyota was right about hybrid cars all along
- The youngest son of Asia's richest man is getting married, and the pre-wedding event features Rihanna, a 9-page dress code, and live animals
- Check out some of the best and most daring looks at Ambani's pre-wedding bash — from Rihanna to Mark Zuckerberg
- Bengaluru cafe blast: Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah to chair meeting with top police officials today
- India retains full policy space for benefit of farmers, fishermen at WTO: Goyal
- Sensex, Nifty settle at new closing high levels in first part of special live trading session
- Passive Income Streams
- Gas stoves create more nanoparticle pollution than a busy street with diesel and gas cars, study finds