Twitter market value jumps more than $4 billion on news Jack Dorsey is stepping down as CEO; gains since erased
- Twitter stock jumped as much as 11% on news CEO Jack Dorsey is stepping down.
- Parag Agrawal, who has been Twitter's CTO since 2017, will be the company's new CEO effective immediately.
View all Offers
Amazon Brand - Symbol Men's Regular Lounge Pants₹ 509₹ 1599Buy On
- 67% OFF
Qube By Fort Collins Men's Parka Coat (A1223Q_Mid Blue_Medium)₹ 808₹ 2449Buy On
- 53% OFF
US Polo Association Sweatshirt (USSWS0201_Red_M)₹ 1125₹ 2499Buy On
- 70% OFF
Qube By Fort Collins Women's Parka Coat (17101AZ_Tan_Medium)₹ 2899₹ 2899Buy On
- 58% OFF
Peter England Men's Sweatshirt (PJSTPRGPK58785_Grey_Medium)₹ 765₹ 1699Buy On
Shares climbed as much as 11%, to $52.27, before trading was temporarily halted for pending news. That amounted to $4.2 billion of market capitalization added at intraday highs. Twitter stock had already pared gains before a trading halt, and ended up erasing the entire gain by mid-day.
Dorsey also serves as CEO of Square, a payments technology and services company.
CNBC noted Twitter stakeholder Elliott Management last year wanted to replace Dorsey as CEO before the investment firm reached a deal with Twitter's management.
Elliott Management founder and billionaire investor Paul Singer has previously called for Dorsey to step down from one of his CEO roles, wondering if Dorsey should lead both companies.
- Amazon Great Republic Sale: Top deals on recliners, sofas and more home furnishing items
- Best fashion and beauty deals during Amazon sale
- Amazon Great Republic Day Sale — Best audio deals on headphones, speakers
- GST on salaries? A new ruling can cause a lot of confusion and litigation
- Nykaa's rival Purplle raises $38 million from Pantaloon’s CEO, Sequoia