7 reasons to change jobs, even if you don't want to
Luis Alvarez/Getty Images
- Change is difficult, but switching jobs is necessary for both personal and professional growth.
- You may be coasting at your current job, or getting underpaid, which is preventing you from being more successful.
- Here are seven tips from experts on why it may be a good idea to switch careers.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Statistics have long suggested that working professionals will have up to seven careers in their lifetime.
However, this claim should be taken with a grain of salt - there's not much substantial research backing that figure, and it becomes less and less relevant in our current job-hopping work climate.
The reality, according to several career experts, is not to anticipate a lifetime of seven long-term careers. It's to plan to change your job regularly every few years, even if you like what you do and feel comfortable.
Change is difficult, but the benefits pay off in ways you might never imagined possible, both professionally and personally.
If you're still on the fence about making a career switch, here are the experts' best reasons why you should give it some thought. Here are seven reasons to change jobs, even if you don't want to.
You're coasting — and it's becoming a problem
You're actually losing money staying in the same job
2019 is the best time to change jobs
Don't feel an urgent need for change? Look for a new job anyway
You may be secretly 'gratitude shaming' yourself
This is your chance to pivot into becoming a thought leader
It's time to do what makes you happy
- An overlooked group of borrowers will be hit hard as student loan repayments resume, former Fed economist says
- TikTok's strategy for US dominance is straight out of Amazon's playbook — but creators are the fuel for its flywheel
- Robin Williams' daughter says she finds AI recreations of her father's voice 'personally disturbing'
- Survey shows people find no improvement in public toilets across country
- Sebi extends deadline for listed cos to confirm or deny market rumours
- Tom Hanks, a dental plan promotion and an AI
- New 'inverse vaccine' shows potential to treat multiple sclerosis, diabetes: Study
- TDP leaders stage hunger strike In Delhi against arrest of Chandrababu Naidu