Bill Gates and Elon Musk share a daily scheduling habit that helps them tackle their busy routines
Pascal Le Segretain, Sean Gallup / Getty Images
Bill Gates and Elon Musk are two of the biggest names in tech.
Gates cofounded Microsoft in 1975, helping to spark the PC revolution. Now he focuses most of his time on philanthropy.
Musk founded PayPal and currently splits his week traveling between Tesla and SpaceX.
Both men also share one habit that's helped them navigate their jam-packed schedules: They plan out every moment of their days.
The reason for this intricate planning? Well, for one, breaking your day up into small segments can boost your productivity, according to Fast Company's Stephanie Vozza.
Plus, this kind of intensive scheduling keeps you accountable. Presumably, when you're planning things down to the minute, you've got to set aside specific time to relax and recharge. You can't just doze off for an hour - that's 12 schedule slots down the drain.
Pulling together a segmented schedule can be helpful even for those of us who don't run giant philanthropic organizations or innovative tech companies. You don't have to chop your day up into five minute slices, either - there are plenty of different schedule structures to choose from.
You just need to find one that's right for you.
- This could be the best time to buy Galaxy Z Fold3 5G in India at ₹1,09,999
- Retail jobs have been slowing down due to WFH and online sales: report
- 85% Indian schools don't have vocational courses as part of their curriculum: WEF
- Govt invites bids for IDBI Bank privatisation; Govt, LIC to sell 60.72%
- Tracxn Technologies IPO: Analyst cautious due to losses and investor exits
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World