Supreme Court clarifies that Aadhar isn’t mandatory for a new SIM connection
Supreme Courtissues announcement.
- Aadhaar is not necessary for a new
- Other documents are also valid for KYC (know-your-customer).
The uncertainty comes to an end with the Supreme Court finally clarifying that users don’t need an
The telecom operators haven’t confirmed their compliance but, the government is taking the issue seriously nonetheless.
During the past few months, due to the lack of clarification, several complaints had been reported by consumers not being able to get a new connection due to the lack of an
Arun Sundararajan, Telecom secretary, explained that the reason they’ve made this announcement is to ensure that consumers aren’t inconvenienced any further. She added, “The ministry has issued instructions to all telecom companies, asking not to deny a SIM card to any individual who does not have an Aadhaar number. We have to ask them to accept other forms of KYC (know-your-customer) documents, and continue to issue SIM cards.”
This development comes after the Supreme Court extended the deadline on their final verdict from March 31 indefinitely. Their final standing on the matter is still pending and they haven’t issued any tentative plans for an announcement.
Popular on BI
- Govt approves PLI scheme for making drones with outlay of Rs 120 cr, comes out with norms
- Apple transportation through drones to become reality in tribal Kinnaur district of HP
- Researchers develop device that uses sound waves to separate blood-based nanoparticles
- 5 Bihar villages to be developed into human-carnivore coexistence zone
- Delhi's air quality will likely improve from Sunday evening, says IMD
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Maruti Suzuki
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World