Syrian rebels say they want to be 'free' like Caitlyn Jenner
A new photo being shared by Syrian activists on social media Saturday shows men identified as rebel fighters in the city of Kafranbel with a banner linking their cause to Caitlyn Jenner coming out as a transgender woman.
The banner references the fact Jenner made a conscious choice to spell her name with a "C" when she revealed her new identity this week to separate herself from the other members of reality television's famed Kardashian clan who have names that begin with the letter "K."
In their sign, the purported rebel fighters in Kafranbel express willingness to spell their city's name with a "C" if it means they could be "liberated" like Jenner. Check out the banner below:
Syrian activist Raed Fares posted a picture of the banner on Twitter Saturday. Fares has organized several similar displays in Kafranbel where members of the Free Syrian Army are fighting against the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and fighters affiliated with the jihadist group Islamic State (also known as ISIS).
Fares has said the goal of the banners is to generate awareness and support for the Syrian revolution. Thanks to her association with the Kardashians, Jenner's coming out was one of the most widely discussed stories in the media last week.
- Discover what's new in iOS 17: Your ultimate guide to the latest features
- Hyderabad-based ethnic retailer Sai Silks Kalamandir IPO subscribed 4.4x
- After JP Morgan, Indian bonds set to enter other global bond indices; capital raising for infra push to get a boost
- 10 calcium-rich foods to ward Off calcium deficiency
- Amazon introduces next-gen of Echo smart devices with new-age AI