Take A Peek Inside Kurt Cobain's Childhood Home, Which Looks Just Like It Did When He Lived There
The house that Kurt Cobain lived in for 14 years has hit the market with a $500,000. price tag
Located in Aberdeen, Wash., the late musician's childhood home is still largely preserved, with some of Cobain's belongings still in place. The singer lived here from when he was a baby until the age of nine, and again from ages 16 to 20.
Upstairs in his bedroom, there are even posters and drawings that were left by the Nirvana singer himself. The garage, according to the listing, was where Cobain and Krist Novoselic practiced when they first got a band together in the 1980s.
The home has four bedrooms, and is approximately 1,500 square feet. His mother Kim Cobain is selling the bungalow through real estate listing website The Agency, and they're hoping the buyer will turn the home into some sort of museum for the late singer:
There are a number of exciting possibilities for the historic property, including renovation, moving the building and incorporating it into a larger institution or private collection or creating a museum in Aberdeen or elsewhere (provided the necessary consent is obtained). The family has photos of Kurt throughout his life in the home and would be willing to share a few select copies with the purchaser.
Many rock legend homes have been turned into destination landmarks and restored to look as they did when the musician(s) grew up there. This has been done with the early homes of John Lennon, Paul McCartney and more recently, Johnny Cash. Notable homes like Kurt Cobain's can also be used as vacation rentals, such as the last home Jim Morrison owned in Hollywood.
Check out images from the listing below.
According to the listing, the home hasn't been changed much since Cobain was growing up here.
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- The CEO of software giant Intuit, which has avoided mass layoffs, says tech firms axed jobs because they misread the pandemic
- I flew cross-country with my 5-month-old son on my lap. Next time, I'm paying full price for him to have his own seat.
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala