Tata Tiago has driven Tata Motors grow by 21% in January
Domestic - Passenger Vehicles
In January 2017, Tata
Cumulative sales growth of all passenger vehicles in the domestic market for the fiscal were at 1,25,446 , a growth of 18%, compared to 1,06,650 , in the last fiscal.
Domestic - Commercial Vehicles
The overall commercial vehicles sales in January 2017, in the domestic market were at 28,521, lower by 7% over January 2016. The construct segment continued to grow strongly by 26.5% Y-o-Y, as road construction continues to drive demand, along with coal & iron ore mining also gaining momentum. IM&HCV Bus sales grew by 12%. The M&HCV segment is witnessing an improvement in enquiry levels, after a weak Q3.
Cumulative sales of commercial vehicles in the domestic market for the fiscal was flat at 2,58,928 over last year.
The company’s sales from exports was at 4,921 nos. in January 2017, a decline of 13% compared to 5,637 vehicles sold in January 2016. The cumulative sales from exports for the fiscal was at 53,468, higher by 15%, over 46,537 nos., sold last year.
Popular on BI
- 10 Beautiful staycation options in Mumbai
- Reliance Retail receives full subscription amount of Rs 2,069.50 cr from KKR, allots 1.71 cr shares
- As inflation continues to remain high, RBI likely to keep interest rates unchanged
- 10 Beautiful staycation options in Bangalore
- Micron begins construction on $2.7 bn India semiconductor plant in 'epic' beginning