TCS is now the world’s third most valued IT service brand
- Tata Consultancy Services is among the top three
most valued IT service brandin the world. TCSwitnessed an increase in brand value by 23% to $12.8 billion.
- With the brand value of $26.3 billion, the first position was grabbed by
2018 proved to be a remarkable year for one of India’s largest IT services conglomerate Tata Consultancy Services (TCS). After reaching $100 billion in market capitalisation, it is now ranked as the third most-valued IT service brand in the world for 2018-19 according to a report by Brand Finance.
TCS witnessed an increase in brand value by 23% to $12.8 billion in that period, said the report.
Accenture clinched the top spot by becoming the world’s most valuable IT brand with a brand value of $26.3 billion whereas IBM was ranked second in the global list with $20.4 billion.
Apart from TCS, three other IT service companies—
TCS also emerged a leader in the Japanese market, thanks to “all-round customer experience” and use of artificial intelligence and robotic automatics in its transformation programmes.
Wipro's investments in digital transformation capabilities, niche acquisitions, and a recent brand refresh, have made it the third fastest-growing brand in the IT sector, said the report.
Facebook is reportedly bringing in local IT firms to moderate fake news in India
Can Nilekani, the architect of the world’s largest biometric project, spark digital payments in India?
Here's why Apple’s problem that began in China may spill over to India too
- Estonian engineer who helped develop Skype passes away at 48
- New Oracle Cloud tools to help firms build business continuity
- Walmart-led investors pump in $1.2 bn in Flipkart Group
- Surface Duo gets delayed, may launch 'sometime this summer'
- Walmart powers Flipkart with an additional $1.2 billion to help e-tailer battle Google, Facebook, and Amazon