We're Now Posting A Staggering 1.8 Billion Photos Every Day
Kleiner Perkins partner Mary Meeker's massive "state of the internet" presentation contains this slide on photos in social media that totally blows us away. Back in 2008, we uploaded very few photos to the internet.
But today, we're uploading 1.8 billion images to Facebook, Instagram, Flickr, Snapchat, and WhatsApp every day. (Obviously, many millions of them are selfies.) That is the rough equivalent of one photo for every person on the planet - including billions of people in the developing world who have no access to technology - in less than a week.
- Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh resigns amid ongoing turmoil in Congress
- Future of Work 2021: Work from home is here now, but people demand some physical sense at work
- Deadline for PAN-Aadhaar linkage extended till March 2022
- Here is what the Indian film industry can learn from gig economy firms like Zomato and Urban Company
- Cat lover? Here’s a chance to do your favourite thing for research — watch cat videos