We're Now Posting A Staggering 1.8 Billion Photos Every Day
Kleiner Perkins partner Mary Meeker's massive "state of the internet" presentation contains this slide on photos in social media that totally blows us away. Back in 2008, we uploaded very few photos to the internet.
But today, we're uploading 1.8 billion images to Facebook, Instagram, Flickr, Snapchat, and WhatsApp every day. (Obviously, many millions of them are selfies.) That is the rough equivalent of one photo for every person on the planet - including billions of people in the developing world who have no access to technology - in less than a week.
Popular on BI
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- Durjoy Datta tweets about Paytm UPI LITE making payments faster and easier, fellow author Ravinder Singh responds
- A former Twitter engineer said they watched colleagues 'drop like flies' from a virtual meeting during Elon Musk's mass layoffs
- Best water purifiers to buy in India 2023
- Desk-bombing, monk mode & other emerging trends at the workplace
- Crypto exchange Binance temporarily suspends all spot trading
- Samsung unveils Galaxy F14 5G with 6000 mAh battery in India
- Haircut on cases resolved through IBC not very encouraging, says Kotak report