These five mobile apps will turn your office commute easy and productive
- Indians spend over two hours in commute everyday — accounting for 7% of their day.
- A recent report highlights that Indians suffer from stress ensuing from long commutes.
From train travel to bus rides, travel takes away a significant portion of the day. A recent report highlights that Indians suffer from stress ensuing from long commutes.
Here are the five apps that will make your travel more productive.
For people living in the metropolitan cities, it is daunting to decide on the mode of transport for work everyday. Ridlr is a mobile application that helps with public transit data and routes via bus, train and metro among others. This can help to decide which route to take to the office and also allows to buy tickets online.
The app covers over 19 cities in India including smaller cities like Bhopal.
While in travel, managing the daily tasks and office work can help organise better. Microsoft’s To-Do lets the user create daily lists along with providing suggestions on what to prioritise and sync across multiple devices.
With the growing ‘always on’ work culture, mobile and desktop applications play an important role to manage work when away from the desk.
Depending on the nature of work, the HubSpot mobile application collates the important metrics on its platform — email performance, sales deals, blog metrics — that can help to track performance, schedule tasks.
Learning new things can make travel more productive. Duolingo is a free mobile platform that offers to learn over 30 languages— Spanish, French and others. The app teaches the selected language along with practice sessions to brush up later.
Kindle can be the most efficient way to utilise the time on commute for reading enthusiasts. It is a mobile platform that allows to select and download ebooks that can be accessed without an internet connectivity.
Popular on BI
- A 53-year-old longevity researcher says his 'biological age' is a decade younger thanks to 4 daily habits — but the science behind them is mixed
- OnePlus Nord CE 3 leaks ahead of launch – specs, expected launch date and more
- New CEO of TCS Krithivasan gets a thumbs up from analysts who are betting on his experience & leadership skills
- Sensex, Nifty50 likely to open in the green amid positive global cues: Kotak Mahindra Bank, Adani Enterprises, Reliance Industries among stocks to watch
- Always open for negotiation: Putin tells Xi Jinping on Ukraine peace plan
- Time to accumulate bonds and lock-in attractive yields with peak rates around the horizon
- Learning AI can be lucrative: Freshers’ annual pay is ₹10-14 lakh in India, says TeamLease Digital report
- CoCo bonds fall sharply over Credit Suisse deal