Angry customers want HDFC Bank to cover late payment charges after mobile and net banking remain down for a second day in a row
- HDFC’s net and mobile banking services are down for the second day in a row.
- The bank says it’s a ‘technical glitch’ while the app and website cite ‘heavy traffic’ as the reason.
- Most users are concerned about meeting the deadline for their credit card bill payments, normally due at the beginning of the month.
Due to a technical glitch, some of our customers have been having trouble logging into our NetBanking and MobileBan… https://t.co/CuK4CfbFDS— HDFC Bank Cares (@HDFCBank_Cares) 1575290741000
HDFC is the largest private bank in the country and the largest holder of salary accounts in the country. That means everyone trying to pay off their bills monthly bills — especially, credit card bills — with November’s income but can’t.
What the hell is wrong with the #HDFC NetBanking and App portals? Need to pay my CC bills! Don’t blame me if I’m n… https://t.co/UMTl4e3EWC— TheLazyAthlete (@Parth_Shahh) 1575358737000
@HDFCBank_Cares since your net banking services are STILL down, I need not fret about late fee for my credit card… https://t.co/l029crmQPO— Krishna Marathe (@TheMarathe) 1575350445000
If users try to log in via net banking, they get a message that reads, “Dear user, the NetBanking system is busy processing heavy load from currently logged in customers, request to try after some time.”
And if they go to the mobile app, the notification reads, “We are experiencing some heavy traffic, please try again after some time. Apologies for the inconvenience.”
Reports of the outage started coming in on Monday morning and peaked in the evening at around 5 pm, according to Downdetector — most of them from metropolitan cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Kolkata, and Surat.
As of Tuesday afternoon, HDFC’s services still aren’t functioning. The bank is yet to issue a deadline on when users can hope to see a resolution.
SBI, Kotak Mahindra and Axis Bank are going digital — hiring for AI, analytics and other tech profiles
Slowdown or not, these India’s banks and shadow banks are in trouble
RBI revises guidelines on how much to pay a private bank CEO and executives in India— including foreign banks
- Cisco says a company 'leader' who encouraged TikTok followers to report strippers to the IRS is no longer employed at the company
- Cryptocurrency investment 101 — here’s how to do your own research (DYOR) and invest in the right digital asset
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles
- Electric bus makers on a roll as states like Maharashtra and Karnataka send in large orders