BeReal is a photo-sharing app that wants you to be who you are as it only allows posting unfiltered photos
- BeReal— photo-sharing app where no editing is allowed.
BeReallet users take one shot a day using the smartphone’s front and rear camera.
- It is available for free globally (iOS & Android).
AdvertisementA french photo-sharing app ‘BeReal’ has started catching the attention of many users for its unique concept. The social media app developed by Alexis Barreyat, as the name suggests, focuses on keeping things real by restricting filters and editing tools on the platform.
Alexis, the founder, released the app back in 2020 on iOS and Play Store. He is a former GoPro employee who wants to bring authenticity to social media and make content unfiltered and real. The posts can come in the form of photos including snapshots taken from the phone.
The app is offering little but it is standing apart with its features and functionality. It has seen a surge of interest in recent days. Since January, BeReal has seen a growth of 315% in downloads. According to SensorTower, BeReal has been one of the most downloaded free social networking apps for iPhone.
BeReal has recently raised $30 million in funding led by Andreesen Horowitz — a venture capital firm. The French company is actively promoting BeReal to colleges across the United States via a campus ambassador program. We can assume it is the key marketing strategy of BeReal.
How does BeReal work?
Once a day, BeReal sends you a notification telling you to post your BeReal for the day. Users can take a photo of whatever they’re doing and they only get 2 minutes to prepare. When a user is ready to take the photo, BeReal is going to use the front and back cameras at the same time. No retouching, no filters and no retakes are allowed. Remember, every time you view someone else’s photo you have to post your own. Each image can be shared on a global feed or with your friends.
It’s an interesting concept, but it remains to be seen how long does the interest last as we’ve seen many new concepts come and go after being hyped. The app is also available in India so you can give it a try right away.
Electric scooter fire accident claims another man's life, leaves his wife and two daughters with severe burns
Sensex down by 1.1%, rising inflation an upcoming concern
Popular on BI
- Seeking nominations for the 2024 rising stars of adtech
- Eli Lilly stock will surge 29% over the next year with its weight-loss drug on pace to do $60 billion in sales by 2030, BofA says
- A millennial who quit her office job to live in a school bus explains what her lifestyle costs and how she makes 6 figures freelancing
- Mukka Proteins IPO allotment – How to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more
- Know what are the 7 signs and symptoms of high cholesterol in your body
- Tata Motors to demerge biz into two separate listed companies
- Best drinks for constipation relief and digestive ease
- 10 Reasons why you should opt for plant-based diet