CoWIN website is back up after an early crash — finding a vaccination slot may still be difficult
- The CoWIN, UMANG and Aarogya Setu mobile apps have crashed as India opens up the vaccine registrations for everyone above the age of 18.
CoWIN websiteis still sending out OTPs.
- Even if you manage to register on the CoWIN website, finding a slot may prove to be difficult.
The CoWIN website wasn’t sending out one-time-passwords (OTPs) initially either, but was back up in action within minutes. However, that’s about all the good news that there is.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOUIn order to get your OTP, you need to go to the main CoWIN portal, click on the registration button, enter your phone number. The OTP that you get on your phone will be valid for three minutes.
Beyond that, it’s anyone’s guess if you’ll able to get a slot or even complete your registration.
Some users are reporting that they are not available to select photo ID type or gender after putting in the OTP. And, entering the information in these slots is compulsory in order to complete the process.
Even then, registering yourself only gets you in through the door. Finding a slot is a whole other matter. And they seem to be in short supply.
While you may see a couple of slots with appointments available, those appointments are only for those individuals between the ages of 45 and above. No appointment slots seem to be available to those between 18 to 44 years old.
AdvertisementPeople above the age of 18 looking to register for the COVID-19 vaccine in India have been trying since midnight. Even though the CoWIN channels on social media did not send out any alerts, there was one sent out over Telegram app that the vaccine registration would not be opening up at midnight, but at four in the afternoon instead.
There is no clarity around the supply of vaccines and the government has been quiet on how it plans to expand its vaccination drive while also addressing the bottlenecks that may occur.
- Krsnaa Diagnostics IPO opens—here is all you need to know
- These are some of the highest paid founders of Indian startups tapping capital markets this year
- Exxaro Tiles IPO opens today—here’s how to apply for IPO, check allotment status, listing date and more
- Devyani International IPO: Here’s how to apply via banks and apps like Zerodha, Upstox
- Windlas Biotech IPO open today: Here’s how to apply via banks and apps like Zerodha, Upstox