Facebook isn’t just going dark it’s also becoming more like Twitter — and that’s good news
- Facebook announced that it would bring ‘dark mode’ to its social networking platform during its developer conference in May.
- Dark mode is now being testing in beta mode for desktops after being introduced to mobile in August.
- Facebook’s beta interface looks more like Twitter and users seem to be appreciating it.f
View all Offers
- 18% OFF
Redmi Note 10S (Shadow Black, 6GB RAM, 64GB Storage) - Super Amoled Display | 64 MP Quad Camera₹ 13999₹ 16999Buy On
- 18% OFF
OPPO A55 (Starry Black, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) with No Cost EMI/Additional Exchange Offers₹ 15490₹ 18990Buy On
- 17% OFF
Redmi Note 10 Lite Aurora Blue 4GB RAM 128GB ROM | Alexa Built-in₹ 14999₹ 15999Buy On
- 13% OFF
Redmi 9 Prime (Mint Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage)- Full HD+ Display & AI Quad Camera₹ 10499₹ 11999Buy On
- 23% OFF
Redmi 9 (Sky Blue, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | 2.3GHz Mediatek Helio G35 Octa core Processor₹ 8499₹ 10999Buy On
A few months later in August, it started to test the site’s ‘dark mode’ for the mobile app. And now, Facebook’s going dark on desktops too.
Awesome the new Facebook design https://t.co/5dmD5s1NVd— ▸frank⚡️ (@franklinjavier) 1571433061000
Got the invite to try Facebook's new desktop design and yes it includes a dark mode @MattNavarra https://t.co/buCJBdgQ5I— anastipu (@teepusahab) 1570788341000
The new beta interface — which is being rolled out to a select few for testing — isn’t only darker but also seems to morphing into Twitter, according to some users. Others feel that it looks more like its mobile version.
#Facebook #beta dark mode for desktop is almost awesome! https://t.co/JGR5UYnHFd— Mantas Rukuiža (@MantasRukuiza) 1571041995000
Regardless of whether or not Facebook’s new interface is mimicking Twitter, beta testers feel that it’s definitely neater.
Facebook got a new sleeker (beta) design, that supports Dark mode ☝️ https://t.co/8x3fXBlySb— Kim Santos Hansen (@kimsantoshansen) 1570826975000
In case the new design doesn’t look as appealing to some, it should be noted that the design is still in beta mode. This means that there may be changes to come before the final version is rolled out to the masses. Even if it doesn’t, there will be a toggle to allow users to switch back to older, or the current, Facebook interface.
Facebook design team is like 500 people and someone forgot to QA Facebook beta's new dark mode in settings menu https://t.co/U70Nz85AKA— Yohosie (@yohosiefgc) 1571521714000
- A CryptoPunk NFT bought for $74 resurfaced after four years and just sold for $2 million
- Best DIY wallpapers to revamp your house
- India's largest car maker loses nearly two thirds of its profit to chip shortage
- New Range Rover: Check out expected price in India, features and other details
- Softbank will make $250 million by selling a fifth of its stake in Policybazaar