Facebook isn’t just going dark it’s also becoming more like Twitter — and that’s good news
- Facebook announced that it would bring ‘dark mode’ to its social networking platform during its developer conference in May.
- Dark mode is now being testing in beta mode for desktops after being introduced to mobile in August.
- Facebook’s beta interface looks more like Twitter and users seem to be appreciating it.f
A few months later in August, it started to test the site’s ‘dark mode’ for the mobile app. And now, Facebook’s going dark on desktops too.
Awesome the new Facebook design https://t.co/5dmD5s1NVd— ▸frank⚡️ (@franklinjavier) 1571433061000
Got the invite to try Facebook's new desktop design and yes it includes a dark mode @MattNavarra https://t.co/buCJBdgQ5I— anastipu (@teepusahab) 1570788341000
The new beta interface — which is being rolled out to a select few for testing — isn’t only darker but also seems to morphing into Twitter, according to some users. Others feel that it looks more like its mobile version.
#Facebook #beta dark mode for desktop is almost awesome! https://t.co/JGR5UYnHFd— Mantas Rukuiža (@MantasRukuiza) 1571041995000
Facebook got a new sleeker (beta) design, that supports Dark mode ☝️ https://t.co/8x3fXBlySb— Kim Santos Hansen (@kimsantoshansen) 1570826975000
In case the new design doesn’t look as appealing to some, it should be noted that the design is still in beta mode. This means that there may be changes to come before the final version is rolled out to the masses. Even if it doesn’t, there will be a toggle to allow users to switch back to older, or the current, Facebook interface.
Facebook design team is like 500 people and someone forgot to QA Facebook beta's new dark mode in settings menu https://t.co/U70Nz85AKA— Yohosie (@yohosiefgc) 1571521714000
- Migration to other social media platforms shows no signs of slowing following Elon Musk's chaotic takeover at Twitter, report says
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- Max Financial Services: Company worth ₹24,000 crore running with only 12 employees
- DroneAcharya AI IPO set to open next week on December 13; GMP at ₹25 per share
- Low pressure mounts over Andaman Sea, heavy rain expected to lash TN
- New Indian sustainable jet fuel technology could cut aviation emissions by 80%
- From digital shagun at a wedding to digital donation — unique use cases for Paytm go viral on social media
- Delhi HC seeks RBI stand on PIL seeking uniform banking code for foreign exchange transactions