Fortnite's biggest ever event saw 15 million players, 3 million viewers and took Twitch down
- Fortnite’s Marvel-themed season 4 finale was its biggest in-game event ever, with over 15 million concurrent players logged in and another 3 million tuned in to watch the one-time-only affair on
YouTube Gamingand Twitch, according to the company.
- At its peak, Twitch alone saw 2.3 million viewers for
Fortnite, which may have been enough to take the service down.
- This is the second time an onslaught on viewers for Fortnite has led to Twitch reporting issues.
The sheer number of people involved made it the biggest ever in-game event for Fornite. And, it may have even managed to take
Today’s in-game Fortnite event was our biggest ever, with a record 15.3 million concurrent players! https://t.co/vtkfPpmPiI— Epic Games Newsroom (@EpicNewsroom) 1606874532000
On average, over the past week, Fortnite has ranked fourth overall among the top 5 most-watched games on Twitch. But, as Iron Man guided players to fight it out against Galactus, the event saw 2.3 million viewers on the live streaming platform at its peak, according to Twitch stat tracker SullyGnome.
The event only lasted a little over 10 minutes, but it seems to have been enough for issues to occur.
during a previous event, fortnite took itself down. now it's taken down all of twitch lmao https://t.co/fqHWTrekWl— Nathan Grayson (@Vahn16) 1606858191000
Not the first time that a Fortnite event and Twitch outage coincide
“We are investigating an issue causing multiple service issues at the moment,” Twitch said on Twitter. “Some of these issues include, but are not limited to, logging in, loading the site, notifications and alerts, stream details missing, and site elements missing.”
However, similar incidents have occured in the past. During a June event that flooded Fortnite’s entire island, Twitch experienced similar issues where the site would not load properly, if at all.
At the time of writing this article, Twitch appears to have gained functionality again, with very few users still reporting a malfunction. The outage was temporary, peaking at around 3:00 am in the wake of the event but only lasting about an hour, according to Downdetector.
We have fully recovered from the problem causing multiple services issues! Thank you very much for your patience. Enjoy the streams!— Twitch Support (@TwitchSupport) 1606861470000
Fornite season 5
The theme for Fornite season 5 has not been disclosed yet. However, one leak suggested that the Mandalorian and Baby Yoda could be a part of next season's Battle Pass hinting at a possible Star Wars theme.
This is further backed up by the fact that Epic Games teased what will come in season 5 by asking followers to respond with the word "bounty," which correlates by the Maldalorian being a bounty hunter.
PUBG Mobile India is still fighting its ban as indigenous clone FAU-G makes its debut
New technology to create fuel and oxygen on Mars could help humans explore the deep sea here on Earth
Tech Mahindra's share price hits a new high as the company targets the $100 billion cloud opportunity and guns for 5G
- SBI, Kotak Mahindra and others cut home loan rates ahead of festive season
- Virat Kohli's T20I journey as captain is better than Dhoni's
- Gen Z decoded: MTV's latest report reflects Gen Z’s behavior patterns,mindsets, habits and perceptions
- From ecommerce to payments — here are the top funded business models of last one year
- ISRO’s Aditya-L1 — All that we know about India's first solar mission