German animal shelter is using Tinder for a good cause — makes profiles of cats and dogs to increase adoption
- The Munich Animal Welfare Association hired an ad agency to shoot portraits of
cats and dogsand set up their profiles on Tinder.
- The response has actually been great with the pets receiving a lot of right swipes.
- The animal shelter hopes these pets find a forever home through this new approach.
AdvertisementTinder might soon be the place to find not just a human partner but a furry one as well. The Munich Animal Welfare Association has turned to Tinder to help get their cats and dogs adopted by someone looking for some furry company. The animal shelter has put up profiles on Tinder with professional photos of 15 cats and dogs. There’s even one profile of a tuxedo cat called “Captain Kirk”.
The animal shelter hired an advertising agency to shoot portraits of the cats and dogs and set up their profiles on Tinder. The pets have a proper profile with different photos, their name and even bio, and yes you can swipe right to match with the cat or dog.
This actually worked as Tinder users have swiped right on the pet profiles. "The response is insane, it's exploding everywhere," Jillian Moss from the animal shelter was quoted as saying by Reuters. There were actually several people who swiped right on the pet profiles and the shelter even received several calls about the Tinder profiles, Moss added. For now, the animal shelter is conducting preliminary interviews and then accordingly people will be invited. The reason behind doing this was that although pet adoption increased due to Covid-19 lockdowns, the animal shelter fears it might drop as the pandemic decreases.
The animal shelter did not choose the cute and tiny newborn kittens for the Tinder profiles. They instead chose those cats and dogs who have some kind of history behind them, according to Benjamin Beilke who is coordinating communication with Tinder. This is quite thoughtful as people tend to adopt only the cute ones and not go for those who urgently need a new home.
The Tinder pet profiles were a definite hit and it might even become popular among other animal shelters. The challenge now would be for people adopting these pets to actually keep them forever and not abandon them after some time.
People are setting their Tinder locations to the Olympic Village after a man went viral for attempting to match with athletes in Tokyo
TikTok sensation 'Here Comes the Boy' cat now has an official Instagram account
Popular on BI
- Gold and silver jewellery to get a lot more expensive
- Indian tycoon Gautam Adani has abandoned a $2.5 billion fundraising effort in his latest setback following a short seller attack on his business empire
- It's been a very bad month for Indian billionaires — four of the richest Indians have collectively lost about $45 billion in 2023
- Budget to aid flagging affordable home segment, boosts demand with infra push
- BYJU's slashes over 1,000 jobs, mostly from its engineering teams
- Budget 2023-24: Positive for infra and credit growth
- Budget 2023-24: Continued focus on infra to enable growth, create jobs & enhance quality of life
- Budget 2023 proposes 20% TCS on foreign expenses under LRS