Gmail down for users in India, Google is working on a fix
- Users in India are reporting not being able to log into their Gmail accounts.
- Downdetector shows that there was a surge in complaints starting at around 4:30 pm today.
- Gmail has acknowledged the problem and is working on a fix but has not issued a statement on why Gmail is down.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
The live outage map shows that the majority of complaints of being unable to login into Gmail are coming from India.
Yo is google server down?I'm unable to open Google or gmail from my laptop.Anyone else? https://t.co/r3EqAF7YPk— Vaish (@WHYshnavi26) 1593600680000
@gmail What happened? Is it for real? #gmaildown https://t.co/oXsW0KjqbC— Sanyam Mahajan (@EnfielderSAM) 1593609959000
Gmail has responded to user complaints on Twitter by acknowledging that they are “aware” of the issue and are working on a fix. Google did not respond to requests for comment at the time of writing this story.
Most of the complaints of Gmail being down in India are being reported by users on Airtel’s network.
I think airtel has banned Playstore, Gmail and my others apps too. Im not able to access them since morning.… https://t.co/IBp8oyQGAg— saurabh singh (@MesaurabhSingh) 1593613167000
Some users have reported not being able to log in into other Google services — linked to their Gmail accounts — such as Play Store, YouTube, Google Cloud, Google Meet and Google Drive.
Google server down?Not able to access Google products - docs, drive, gmail, support, ads over Airtel network.— Pawan Singh Negi (@pawan_sn) 1593604976000
INTERVIEW: Zoom's India head believes he will able to convince the Home Ministry that the app is safe
WhatsApp introduces animated stickers, QR codes globally
Security threat: Now, deliberations on Huawei, ZTE's future in India
- EAM Jaishankar meets Australian Intelligence chief Andrew Shearer on sidelines of Raisina Dialogue
- Sustainable Tourism Practices
- Byju's shareholders vote to remove CEO, family; company calls vote invalid
- Engaging with competent authorities, use only genuine cheese, says McDonald's
- Apple's India revenue up 42% to $8.7 bn in 2023: Morgan Stanley