Gmail is working again — Google fixes issue without explaining what went wrong
- Gmail users were unable to send emails and attach files earlier today. The outage was at its peak at 12:00 pm with more than 2,700 users reported issues.
- Google has now resolved the issue and stated that its services are functional again.
- Even so, the tech giant has not provided an explanation as to what went wrong in the first place.
Gmail is back up at full capacity after a massive number of users reported that Google’s email client was not letting them send mail email or attach files for at least four hours starting at 10:00 am on Thursday. However, the global tech giant did not offer any explanation as why the services were unable in the first place.
View all Offers
View all Offers
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Gray Sierra, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage)₹ 29999Buy On
- 19% OFF
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) -Amoled Dot Display | 48MP Sony Sensor IMX582 | Snapdragon 678 Processor₹ 12999₹ 15999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9 (Carbon Black, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | 2.3GHz Mediatek Helio G35 Octa core Processor₹ 8999₹ 10999Buy On
- 70% OFF
boAt Rockerz 255 in-Ear Earphones with 8 Hours Battery, IPX5, Bluetooth V5.0 and Voice Assistant(Active Black)₹ 899₹ 2990Buy On
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Blue Haze, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage)₹ 29999Buy On
DownDetector's outage map showed that the problem was not just for people in India, but also in Australia, Japan, and other parts of the world.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOU
Business Insider noted that Google Drive was also unable share files or upload and download them. "Google and their engineering team is investigating the issue," said sources ahead of Google confirming the outage on its status page.
#GmaildownI'm facing issue from morning and can’t send mails or attach files.Showing Oops, something went wrong… https://t.co/kycHKTgLS1— Saurabh Omer (@saurabh_omer) 1597902614000
By mid-afternoon, Google had managed to restore the service for some users, but left others with the promise of things being fixed in the 'near future'.
At the time Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Groups, Google Chat, Google Meet, Google Voice and Google Keep were being checked on.
The number of users reporting issues with Gmail peaked at 12:00pm with 2,737 complaints logged on DownDetector. "Gmail sending issues. Meet recording issues. Creating files issues in Drive, CSV user upload issues in Admin Console. Posting message issues in Google Chat. Sites adding new pages issues. Keep issues. Voice mail issues," noted Google.
This is the second time in two months that widespread issues with Gmail have been reported. In July, users reported not being able to log into their Gmail accounts. Gmail noted the issue and fixed it, but even then, it did offer an explanation as why the problems occurred.
Kepler supernova exploded 400 years ago but hasn’t slowed down — and two pieces of debris are headed towards Earth
Prashant Bhushan rejects Supreme Court's offer to delay sentence but is given two to three days to reconsider statement
- Let budget bring resurgence, TN CM Stalin advises officials
- Tokyo Olympics: PV Sindhu bags bronze medal in women's singles badminton for India
- GST revenue collection for July rises by 33% with ₹1,16,393 crore
- Policy ignition: India's satellite navigation sector set for higher growth trajectory
- COVID-19 cases in Kerala are spiking due to good detection, better reporting and early easing of restrictions