Gmail is working again — Google fixes issue without explaining what went wrong
- Gmail users were unable to send emails and attach files earlier today. The outage was at its peak at 12:00 pm with more than 2,700 users reported issues.
- Google has now resolved the issue and stated that its services are functional again.
- Even so, the tech giant has not provided an explanation as to what went wrong in the first place.
AdvertisementGmail is back up at full capacity after a massive number of users reported that Google’s email client was not letting them send mail email or attach files for at least four hours starting at 10:00 am on Thursday. However, the global tech giant did not offer any explanation as why the services were unable in the first place.
DownDetector's outage map showed that the problem was not just for people in India, but also in Australia, Japan, and other parts of the world.
Business Insider noted that Google Drive was also unable share files or upload and download them. "Google and their engineering team is investigating the issue," said sources ahead of Google confirming the outage on its status page.
#GmaildownI'm facing issue from morning and can’t send mails or attach files.Showing Oops, something went wrong… https://t.co/kycHKTgLS1— Saurabh Omer (@saurabh_omer) 1597902614000
By mid-afternoon, Google had managed to restore the service for some users, but left others with the promise of things being fixed in the 'near future'.
At the time Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Groups, Google Chat, Google Meet, Google Voice and Google Keep were being checked on.
The number of users reporting issues with Gmail peaked at 12:00pm with 2,737 complaints logged on DownDetector. "Gmail sending issues. Meet recording issues. Creating files issues in Drive, CSV user upload issues in Admin Console. Posting message issues in Google Chat. Sites adding new pages issues. Keep issues. Voice mail issues," noted Google.
This is the second time in two months that widespread issues with Gmail have been reported. In July, users reported not being able to log into their Gmail accounts. Gmail noted the issue and fixed it, but even then, it did offer an explanation as why the problems occurred.
Kepler supernova exploded 400 years ago but hasn’t slowed down — and two pieces of debris are headed towards Earth
Prashant Bhushan rejects Supreme Court's offer to delay sentence but is given two to three days to reconsider statement
Popular on BI
- The Cybertruck's lack of door handles confused its first buyers — leading Elon Musk to show them how to open the truck
- Adani Group to invest USD 75 bn to scale up AGEL's RE portfolio to 45 GW: Gautam Adani
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- Electric eels can change the genetic composition of other organisms by shocking them!
- Exploring vibrant flavors: 10 healthy salad options in India
- 10 dry fruits to include in your daily winter diet
- Paytm to focus on big ticket loans to low-risk credit-worthy customers
- 10 Cities in India perfect for a chill and relaxed life