Google is working on a new app to let you store your medical records
Google Health appis currently being tested internally by the company.
- According to the leaked screenshots, the app will integrate your medical records from different healthcare providers in one place.
- Earlier, Apple announced updates to its Health app with similar features.
AdvertisementGoogle is reportedly working on a new app that allows users to store their medical records. The app will collate information from the users’ records from different healthcare facilities, giving them one-stop access to all their health data.
According to a report by 91Mobiles, the new
“See a unified view of your health, pulling together info from your doctor’s visit, labs, and more. Get started by linking your online accounts from places where you’ve received your healthcare,” says the description in one of the screenshots of the app.
The new Google Health app will also allow users to share their information with family and friends. Unifying and integrating data from different healthcare providers will likely require these providers to use a common application programming interface (API), likely being developed by Google.
For now, it is unclear if Google will actually launch the app publicly or if it’s only for internal testing. Agarwal says that the official launch information is not known yet.
Earlier this year, a report from Stat News revealed that Google is working on a new platform to help users store their medical records. For this, the report added, Google was recruiting users from Northern California, Atlanta and Chicago.
If launched, the Google Health app will help it better compete with Apple’s Healthcare platform, which similarly integrates data from different healthcare providers. All of this data is stored in the
Apple Watch Series 7 could feature a larger battery instead of additional sensors, reports suggest
Apple WWDC 2021: iOS 15, iPadOS 15, macOS Monterey and India-specific announcements
Popular on BI
- A Google recruiter says he discovered he'd lost his job after a call with one of his candidates suddenly disconnected
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- A Google engineer of 8 years says his 'spidey-senses' detected incoming layoffs — and felt 'isolated' when his 'faceless' severance email arrived
- DGCA slaps ₹10L fine on Go Air for leaving behind 55 passengers at B'luru airport
- Vedanta Q3 net profit drops 41% on higher input costs
- ED attaches 32 properties worth ₹70 crore in fraudulent TDS refund case
- RRR surpasses Cruise’s Top Gun 2 & Spielberg’s The Fabelmans in the top 10 movies of 2022
- Weekend OTTs: Ayushmann Khurrana’s ‘An Action Hero’ to ghost hunts with ‘Lockwood and Co’