Google Pay taken down from Apple App Store, some users might experience payment failures
Business Insider India
Google Payapp has been temporarily taken down from the Apple App Store.
- Users will not be able to download the app until
- When users search for the Google Pay app on App Store, the search results show its competitors like PhonePe and Paytm.
- Existing users can continue to use the Google Pay app, but some users might experience payment failures.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
A cursory search for Google Pay on the App Store returns no results for the app. Instead, the search results display competing apps like PhonePe and Paytm.
According to Google, the app has been taken down temporarily to fix an issue. An update will be issued soon with a fix.
AdvertisementPayments not affected for most users
iPhone users who already have the Google Pay app installed on their phone can continue to use it. However, some users might experience payment failures. The company has asked affected users to reach out for support using the app.
"A small number of Apple iOS users might experience persistent payment failures on their transactions. Our teams are working to fix it at the earliest." a Google spokesperson told Business Insider India in a statement.
What to do if you face payment issues
Users experiencing payment failures or failed transactions can reach out to the support team within the app.
To get support, follow these steps:
- Tap on your profile photo on the top right.
- Now tap on the Help & feedback option.
- Scroll down and tap on ‘Fix problems with a transaction’ and follow the instructions on the screen.
"Meanwhile, affected users can reach out to Google Pay support through the app for help. We apologise for the inconvenience to our users. The Google Pay iOS app will be briefly unavailable on the App Store; users will be able to see the new app update reappear shortly." the statement further added.
Not the first time that Google Pay has become unavailable
This is not the first time that the Google Pay app has become unavailable for download.
Earlier in August, the Google Pay app vanished from the Play Store. A fix was issued in a few hours, allowing users to download the app again.
Amazon Pay could soon get over a billion dollars to take on Google Pay, Paytm, Phonepe and others
Google Pay partners with Visa bringing tap-to-pay for Indian users
Google Pay has a solid lead over PhonePe, Paytm and Amazon Pay in India— but its biggest challenge is yet to come
- Over One lakh oxygen concentrators cleared by customs from April 24 to May 4
- Check out who all can travel to the US amidst uncertainty in international travel
- Water shortage might be on the way to worsen Delhi's COVID-19 crisis
- Himachal Pradesh government imposes curfew effective from tomorrow till May 16
- A third wave of COVID-19 will surely come and it may spread faster and wider but don't know when, says advisor to the Indian government