How to fix android apps crashing issue on your Mobile
If Android apps are crashing for you, here is what you can do to fix it
1. Uninstall updates to Android System WebView
This is the easiest solution to fix
To uninstall updates to Android System WebView, follow these steps:
- Open Settings, go to Apps -> Android System WebView.
- Now, tap on the three-dot menu on the top right.
- Next, tap on the ‘Uninstall updates’ option.
For some users, the three-dot menu might not be visible. In that case, simply tap on the ‘Uninstall’ button and you will then be able to uninstall the latest update.
2. Disable Google Chrome
If you cannot find the Android System WebView app in the Apps section, the other option is to disable
Once you do that, the Android System WebView app should become visible.
To disable Google Chrome, follow these steps:
- Open Settings, go to Apps -> Google Chrome.
- Tap the ‘Disable’ button.
If the apps stop crashing now, there is no need to uninstall Android System WebView updates.
If apps continue to crash, then you will have to uninstall updates. Follow the steps mentioned in the first method.
Note that there won’t be any data loss as you’re not uninstalling Google Chrome – you’re simply disabling it. Once you re-enable the app, you will be able to browse as usual. As long as it is disabled, you can try out alternative web browsers like Mozilla’s Firefox, or Microsoft Edge, among other options.
Why do my apps keep crashing on Android, how to fix it
Popular on BI
- Mehmet Oz says he was 'exhausted' when he filmed viral 'Wegner's' gaffe, adding it's not a big deal because 'I've gotten my kids' names wrong as well'
- Life and times of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala — the man behind the trader
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Indians are buying more pre-owned cars: Scorpio, Fortuner among the top picks
- Hit and earn: Indian cricket fans can win as much as $500 a day playing cricket in the metaverse
- GenZs, millennials are turning to thrift stores to upgrade their wardrobe while saving the environment
- Syrma SGS Technology IPO: Last day to subscribe, grey market premiums at ₹25
- Shimla stipulated 75 ponds Amrit Sarovar for water conservation to mark Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav