How to get Instagram's chronological order feed
- You can choose between three types of feeds including the present algorithm-based one.
- It’s currently being tested and the full experience will launch in the coming months.
AdvertisementInstagram is finally giving back users the highly requested chronological feed. Back in 2016, Instagram decided to remove the chronological feed that shows posts in the order of the latest published content. It switched to the algorithm-based feed that shows posts it thinks you would be most interested in. But Instagram is now testing new feed layouts and one of these is a chronological one.
Instagram head Adam Mosseri shared the update on Twitter about the new types of feeds that are being tested. It should be available to users over the next couple of weeks, and the official launch is planned to roll out in the first half of this year.
So if you’ve been waiting for Instagram’s chronological feed to come back, here’s how you can get it.
Open the Instagram app and tap on the ‘Instagram’ logo.
A dropdown menu will appear with three options — Home, Following, Favourites.
Select ‘Following’ from the list to get the chronological feed.
Instagram will now show posts only from the accounts you follow, and in the chronological order.
You will also see the different feed options on top when you scroll down the app.
To switch back to the current
If you want to see posts only from select accounts then you can choose ‘Favourites’.
You will have to manually add accounts to your favorites list.
There is one catch though. If you switch to either the favourites or following feed, you cannot see Stories. You will have to go back to the current feed for that. It isn’t confirmed if this is an error or a part of the final release.
The chronological feed was one thing Instagram seemed adamant on not bringing back despite users requesting it for years. But Mosseri confirmed the company was working on chronological feed during a Senate hearing in December last year over concerns of Instagram being harmful to minors.
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk said Twitter will start showing users how many people have seen their tweets, and got Jack Dorsey's approval
- Elon Musk reportedly told workers at his brain-chip startup to imagine they had bombs strapped to their heads to make them work faster
- A janitor laid off at Twitter's headquarters said one of Elon Musk's team members told him he'd be replaced by robots
- Best mattress in India
- Rupee gains 10 paise to close at 82.28 against US dollar
- Sensex, Nifty50 log declines to close the week in red – IT, PSU banks and energy stocks drag
- Over 1.83 lakh Indians renounced their citizenship till October says external affairs ministry
- BharatPe files arbitration to claw back co-founder Ashneer Grover's unvested 1.4% shares