How to get Instagram's chronological feed
- You can choose between three types of feeds including the present algorithm-based one.
- It’s currently being tested and the full experience will launch in the coming months.
Instagram head Adam Mosseri shared the update on Twitter about the new types of feeds that are being tested. It should be available to users over the next couple of weeks, and the official launch is planned to roll out in the first half of this year.
So if you’ve been waiting for Instagram’s chronological feed to come back, here’s how you can get it.
Open the Instagram app and tap on the ‘Instagram’ logo.
A dropdown menu will appear with three options — Home, Following, Favourites.
Select ‘Following’ from the list to get the chronological feed.
Instagram will now show posts only from the accounts you follow, and in the chronological order.
You will also see the different feed options on top when you scroll down the app.
To switch back to the current
If you want to see posts only from select accounts then you can choose ‘Favourites’.
You will have to manually add accounts to your favorites list.
There is one catch though. If you switch to either the favourites or following feed, you cannot see Stories. You will have to go back to the current feed for that. It isn’t confirmed if this is an error or a part of the final release.
The chronological feed was one thing Instagram seemed adamant on not bringing back despite users requesting it for years. But Mosseri confirmed the company was working on chronological feed during a Senate hearing in December last year over concerns of Instagram being harmful to minors.
Popular on BI
- Best QLED TVs in India 2022
- Best wired headphones you can get on a budget
- Best wireless headphones for gamers
- Best smart TVs that come with a built-in voice assistant
- Best gaming mice for esports players