How to get Instagram's chronological order feed
- You can choose between three types of feeds including the present algorithm-based one.
- The chronological order feed is the original display format on Instagram, but has since been replaced with an algorithm-based feed.
What is Instagram's chronological order feed?
Instagram's chronological order feed is a display option that shows posts in the order they were posted, with the most recent post appearing first. This means that posts are not sorted or prioritized based on factors like engagement or user interest. Instead, they are simply shown in the order they were added to the platform.
The chronological order feed was the original display format on Instagram, but it was later replaced with an algorithm-based feed that prioritizes posts differently.
Complimentary Tech Event
Transform talent with learning that works
Capability development is critical for businesses who want to push the envelope of innovation.Discover how business leaders are strategizing around building talent capabilities and empowering employee transformation.Know More
However, users can still access the chronological order feed by using the "Recent" sorting option in the settings section.
So if you’ve been waiting for Instagram’s chronological feed to come back, here’s how you can get it.
- Open the Instagram app and tap on the ‘Instagram’ logo.
- A dropdown menu will appear with three options — Home, Following, Favourites.
- Select ‘Following’ from the list to get the chronological feed.
- Instagram will now show posts only from the accounts you follow, and in the chronological order.
- You will also see the different feed options on top when you scroll down the app.
- To switch back to the current
Instagram feed, follow the same process and select ‘Home’.
- If you want to see posts only from select accounts then you can choose ‘Favourites’.
- You will have to manually add accounts to your favorites list.
The chronological feed was one thing Instagram seemed adamant on not bringing back despite users requesting it for years. But Mosseri confirmed the company was working on chronological feed during a Senate hearing in December last year over concerns of Instagram being harmful to minors.
New patent suggests that Apple could bring a foldable iPhone with a self-healing display in the future
Apple's Mixed Reality headset could feature advanced hand tracking and may work as a second display for Mac
Popular on BI
- Air India passengers stranded in Siberia for 2 days were abandoned by the crew, had to sleep on the floor, and were only given bread and rice, relative says
- Foreign investors have been dumping vast amounts of Chinese assets, and putting money there will only get riskier
- As a mom, I know punishments don't work. Parents should be trying to find a connection instead.
- Sensex, Nifty slip for second day; FMCG, IT stocks drag
- Air India puts together 'huge financing deal' for new fleet: CEO
- Marine species including whales and dolphins under significant threat from noise pollution
- ITR filing: Your guide to Form 26AS and why you should check for TDS discrepancies
- A complete itinerary for your 3 days in Mount Abu