How to silence calls from unknown numbers on WhatsApp
- WhatsApp is testing a feature that allows you to silence calls from unknown numbers on the app.
- Here’s how you can silence calls from
unknown numbers on WhatsApp.
AdvertisementWhatsApp is one of India's most popular messaging apps and has over 500 million users. In addition to chats, the app offers access to voice and video calls.
Voice calling is an excellent feature that allows users to connect to people across the world, without having to pay anything. However, the feature is now being misused by people to scam Indians.
Over the past few weeks, there has been a significant increase in Indian WhatsApp users receiving spam calls from international numbers. The Indian government is even sending a notice to WhatsApp over reports about international spam calls.
While WhatsApp has said it is working to solve the issue, it may only be able to stop around 50% of the spam calls.
At present, there is no way to prevent spammers from calling you on WhatsApp. However, you can silence all calls from unknown numbers.
How to silence unknown calls on WhatsApp
WhatsApp is currently testing a feature that allows users to silence unknown calls. The feature is currently available for selected beta users and is expected to rollout soon.
- Open WhatsApp on your smartphone and click on the three dots menu.
- Now, click on “Settings”.
- Then, click on “Privacy” and click on “Calls”.
- Now, enable the toggle to silence unknown calls on WhatsApp.
WhatsApp is cracking down on international scam calls after India’s IT ministry takes notice
The inspirational story of Yashasvi Jaiswal: from selling pani puri to IPL’s fastest 50
Android 14 Beta 2 announced – features, eligible devices, and how to download
Popular on BI
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- You can buy more Yeezys today, if you can get past the app crashes and error messages
- Two Mukesh Ambani-owned companies are among India’s top 5 valuable brands
- TVS, Ather, Ola hike prices of electric two-wheelers as new subsidy norms kick in
- IKIO Lighting sets IPO price band at ₹270-285/share
- Royal Enfield sales rise 22% in May at 77,461 units
- GST collection rises 12% to ₹1.57 lakh crore in May