Here's how to use WhatsApp's new fingerprint lock for Android
Business Insider India
- WhatsApp has rolled out its fingerprint lock feature for Android users.
- After two-factor authentication, this will be a third layer of security for users.
- The only requirement is that your phone should have a fingerprint sensor in order for you to use the feature.
Android users can now add a layer of security their WhatsApp accounts by enabling the new fingerprint lock feature. The timing of the roll out coincides with the news of Facebook suing the NSO Group for breaching the data privacy of WhatsApp users.
"Earlier this year, we rolled out Touch ID and Face ID for iPhone to provide an extra layer of security for WhatsApp users. Today we're introducing similar authentication, allowing you to unlock the app with your fingerprint, on supported Android phones," said the company in a statement.
Even though the breach happened back in May and the bug has since been fixed, a lot of people are fretting over whether or not their accounts are safe from any such attack in the future.
For those looking to make your accounts more secure, here's how to set WhatsApp's new fingerprint lock feature:
Make sure your phone has a fingerprint sensor and that you have enabled it for the device.
Open up WhatsApp and tap on ‘Settings' from the menu tab in the app.
Tap on ‘Account' in the settings menu.
Select the first option,‘Privacy'.
Navigate to the bottom and select ‘Fingerprint lock'.
Enable the fingerprint lock by switching on the toggle. Once the fingerprint lock is enabled, you will have to option to choose how quickly the lock will turn on. It will also give you the option to choose whether or not the content of any new messages that come should be displayed when the lock is on.
Popular on BI
- 9 best street foods in Mumbai you must try
- 10 cool places to hangout in Mumbai
- Indian festival holiday calendar for October and November 2023 at a glance
- Banks closed for 1/3rd of October 2023 – Check out dates and details
- Tax-friendly destinations: A guide to the world's lowest taxes countries