How to use YouTube picture-in-picture (PiP) mode on iOS
- YouTube Premium subscribers on iOS can finally start using picture-in-picture mode.
- This feature plays YouTube videos in the background in a mini player.
- YouTube has confirmed it will roll out this feature for all iPhone users soon.
AdvertisementiPhone users are finally getting picture-in-picture (PiP) mode for YouTube. It was confirmed earlier this year in June that PiP mode for YouTube will be available for iPhone users soon. There’s no confirmed date yet but some iPhone users can start using the feature. This is however exclusive only to YouTube Premium users.
If you’re a YouTube Premium subscriber and on an iPhone you can finally start using the PiP mode. This feature is actually an experiment that YouTube Premium users can try out, according to a report by 9to5Google.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to use
- Open www.youtube.com/new on a web browser.
- Scroll down to look for “Picture-in-picture on iOS” and then select try it out.
- You will be asked to sign in to your YouTube account.
- Then play a video on YouTube and swipe up or press the home button to close the app.
- The video will continue playing in a mini player.
Apple patents a new way to control iPhones – blowing into them
Realme GT Master Edition vs OnePlus Nord 2 comparison: What’s on offer?
Popular on BI
- New trailer of Chris Pratt, Samuel Jackson's 'The Garfield Movie' unveiled
- Lindsay Lohan and Jamie Lee Curtis to return for 'Freaky Friday' sequel
- Electric two-wheeler sales grow by 24% in February 2024, Ola Electric leads with over 40% market share
- Gupshup launches Conversation Cloud, AI-powered tool for businesses
- Platinum Industries shares make market debut with over 33% premium