Instagram introduces paywall for creators to monetize content through subscriptions
- Now, creators will be able to post exclusive content and Reels, only for subscribers
- These new features are aimed to assist creators in earning a stable income.
AdvertisementEarlier this year Instagram started testing ‘Subscriptions’ for creators. Now a tweet by Adam Mosseri, the head of Instagram revealed that creators using Instagram Subscriptions will be able to lock reels and posts behind a paywall for subscribers. Besides this, creators can also directly chat with subscribers.
This is a part of Instagram's efforts to help creators earn a stable income, said Adam Mosseri, Head of Instagram.
Instagram began testing this feature in January with ten US creators including, actor-influencer Alan Chikin Chow, basketball player Sedona Prince, model Kelsey Cook and Olympic gymnast Jordan Chiles. Since then, thousands of creators have gained access to Instagram Subscriptions feature.
Subscriptions Update Subscriptions are a great way for creators to have a predictable income & for fans to get… https://t.co/PfFhIMlICo— Adam Mosseri (@mosseri) 1657805392000
Here are new features of Instagram’s ‘Subscriptions’
The new chatting feature will allow creators to start a chat with up to thirty people at a time. With this creators will be able to interact with their subscribers allowing them to build a stronger community, said Meta.
The Subscriber Chats will be powered by Messenger. The chats can be directly created from the story or inbox and they will end automatically after 24 hours. To join chats, subscribers will have to simply tap on the sticker ‘join chat.’
Exclusive Posts and Reels
With this feature, creators will be able to create subscriber-focused content with exclusive Reels and posts. This feature will label posts and reels as ‘exclusive’ with a purple banner and white crown for subscribers.
Exclusive Tab on Profile
Creators will also have a ‘Subscriber home’ tab on their profiles. With this tab, subscribers of the creator can view exclusive content which is only available to them.
Amazon has handed over 11 Ring doorbell videos to police without owners' consent so far this year, report finds
See inside a new 1,550-square-foot 3D-printed home in Virginia
Popular on BI
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Here’s a list of stocks that can benefit from the festive season
- Mobile accessories company Balaji Solutions files initial papers for public listing
- Ratan Tata launches Goodfellows which helps senior citizens make friends
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala-backed Concord Biotech files for an IPO
- Ather 450X Gen 3 vs Ola S1 vs TVS iQube S – price, specs and features compared
- Adani Transmission becomes first group company to hit ₹4 lakh crore market cap