Instagram is testing a way to turn video posts into Reels
- Soon users may turn
Instagram videosinto Reels.
- This feature is already being tested with selected users.
- It will enhance the video experience, said Instagram.
According to TechCrunch, the company said the change, which is currently being tested with select users around the world, is part of Instagram's plan to simplify video on the app.
"We are testing this feature as part of our efforts to simplify and improve the video experience on Instagram," a spokesperson from Meta was quoted as saying in an email.
A screenshot posted on Twitter by social media consultant Matt Navarra showed that people who are part of the test will see an in-app message that says "video posts are now shared as Reels".
The message indicates that if your account is public and you post a video that ends up being turned into a Reel, anyone can discover your Reel and use your original audio to create their Reel, the report said.
If your account is set to private, your Reel will only be visible to your followers, it added.
The message also noted that once you post a Reel, anyone can create a remix with your Reel if your account is public. However, you can prevent people from remixing your Reels in your account settings.
Planned Parenthood could share personal data like the ZIP codes of abortion seekers with Google and Facebook, report says
Meta plans to operate 'leaner, meaner, better executing teams' as it prepares for slower growth for the rest of the year, according to an internal leaked memo
Popular on BI
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Here’s a list of stocks that can benefit from the festive season
- New Airtel and Reliance Jio prepaid plans compared
- Mobile accessories company Balaji Solutions files initial papers for public listing
- Ratan Tata launches Goodfellows which helps senior citizens make friends
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala-backed Concord Biotech files for an IPO
- Ather 450X Gen 3 vs Ola S1 vs TVS iQube S – price, specs and features compared