Instagram Threads is a Snapchat-like app that lets you share location status
Business Insider India
Instagram Threadsis a new app that allows users to share their location and images exclusively with close friends rather than their entire network of contacts.
- Users can choose whether their post will only be displayed once, can be replayed or will permanently remain in the chat thread.
- There’s also an auto-update feature, which Instagram assures is optional and can be switched off at any point.
It allows users to share their photos and location status quickly with your close friends.
Instagram Threads is an extension of
How does Instagram threads work?
On launch, it opens directly in the camera mode cutting down on the time it usually takes users to navigate Instagram’s interface to open the camera.
Once users have captured the photo, they have two options. They can either share it will users that have been filtered into the ‘close friends’ category or share the image and location with individual friends. All they have to do is select from the options at the bottom of the screen and swipe up to share.
One interesting element that Instagram introduced in the new app is the option to choose whether or not the shared post can only be viewed once, replayed or permanently kept in chat.
There’s also an option for users to enable the auto-update feature. It will prompt Instagram Threads to request your location, movement, battery level and network connection to share with your close friends.
Keeping privacy in mind, Instagram has made it clear that the auto-status update is completely optional for users and can be turned off at any point.
Popular on BI
- To help fight water scarcity, a machine that produces drinking water from air has been launched in India
- Voltas records an unprecedented triple-digit growth in April '22
- Best moisturizers to keep skin soft and nourished
- TCS, Infosys, Wipro and other IT companies' dream run could be over, say analysts
- Top five safest cars in India with 5-star NCAP ratings