Instagram Threads is a Snapchat-like app that lets you share location status
Business Insider India
Instagram Threadsis a new app that allows users to share their location and images exclusively with close friends rather than their entire network of contacts.
- Users can choose whether their post will only be displayed once, can be replayed or will permanently remain in the chat thread.
- There’s also an auto-update feature, which Instagram assures is optional and can be switched off at any point.
It allows users to share their photos and location status quickly with your close friends.
Instagram Threads is an extension of
How does Instagram threads work?
On launch, it opens directly in the camera mode cutting down on the time it usually takes users to navigate Instagram’s interface to open the camera.
Once users have captured the photo, they have two options. They can either share it will users that have been filtered into the ‘close friends’ category or share the image and location with individual friends. All they have to do is select from the options at the bottom of the screen and swipe up to share.
One interesting element that Instagram introduced in the new app is the option to choose whether or not the shared post can only be viewed once, replayed or permanently kept in chat.
There’s also an option for users to enable the auto-update feature. It will prompt Instagram Threads to request your location, movement, battery level and network connection to share with your close friends.
Keeping privacy in mind, Instagram has made it clear that the auto-status update is completely optional for users and can be turned off at any point.
Popular on BI
- Facebook and Microsoft aren’t the only ones creating a metaverse — here are five popular coins looking to create digital worlds
- Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio hikes prices of its plans by 21%
- Facebook, Microsoft and others look towards the $1 trillion dollar ‘metaverse’ opportunity — but that contradicts the base philosophy behind Web 3.0
- Star Health IPO opens today — Check out close date, allotment and other important details
- Meet Parag Agrawal, the IIT Bombay grad who is taking over from Jack Dorsey at Twitter
- Bankrupt Sintex Industries' stock doubles after RIL showed interest to acquire it
- Omicron COVID-19: Kerala orders 7 days quarantine for arrivals from high risk countries
- In India, less than one in every 10,000 jabs have led to serious adverse reactions — not necessarily due to the vaccine