Instagram tricks and shortcuts for iPhone users
- Tricks and shortcuts make Instagram more user-friendly.
- You can customize your account with different features.
- Check out the tricks and shortcuts below for
Staying updated with the lesser-known Instagram features and tricks not just makes using the app easier but also opens new ways to build your profile. If you spend a lot of time on Instagram, then trying out different shortcuts and tricks may make the experience better and faster for you.
Just like any other app, Instagram released improvements using OTA updates and also keeps adding some new features. These features range from as easy as long-pressing an icon to the ones that are buried deep inside the settings menu. To make it easier for you, we’ve made a list of Instagram features that every
Tricks, Tips and Shortcuts -
1. Mute posts, stories or both-
There are times when you don't want to unfollow a person, but also do not want to see their posts and stories. Instagram allows you to customize what and whom you want to see on your feed. This trick will not let the other user know that you blocked their posts.
- Go to the profile you want to mute on Instagram.
- Click on the following button.
- Tap the 'mute' option from the list.
- Choose what to mute — stories, posts or both.
2. If you have multiple accounts logged on one device, double-tapping on your profile icon from the bottom right corner will help you quickly switch between different accounts without any hassle.
3. Switching the modes of your mobile phone and application is a long process, you go to settings, choose Display and follow other steps to enable or disable the dark mode. This shortcut will help you change the mode with one tap.
- Scroll your screen down to open the control centre on the app.
- Click on the 'dark mode' icon.
- Switch it on/off according to your requirement.
If you do not have a dark mode icon in your control centre and want to use it-
- Go to settings.
- Select ‘Control Centre’.
- Click the plus sign on the dark mode option.
Advertisement4. Another trick that will make searching for profiles quick and easy is. If you want to search for something on Instagram, you can tap and hold the magnifying glass icon (search) for three seconds and it will open the keyboard to type and search right away.
5. Shaking the phone to report a problem is an interesting feature for iPhone users.
If you have not enabled this shortcut, here are the steps to follow-
- Open your Instagram profile.
- Tap on the three lines on the top right side corner and choose settings from the options.
- Go to 'Help' and select 'Report a problem'.
- Enable the shortcut from the last option.
Creating engaging and attractive stories with relevant content can be a great way to increase the viewership of your account. This trick can work well if used properly.
- Swipe right to add a story to your profile.
- Create a video or choose it from your gallery.
- Click on the three dots from the top right corner and tap 'Draw'.
- Choose the first icon from the top left corner and select the colour of your choice.
- Long press on the screen after selecting the colour.
- Now select the first icon from the top right side and start writing.
7. With a long-press on the 'share' icon, Instagram directly allows you to share reels with your frequently contacted friends.
8. If you realise that you’re wasting too much time on Instagram, then you must use the new feature that allows you to set a time limit and reminders to take breaks.
- Open your profile on Instagram.
- Tap the 'three lines’ sign on the top right corner.
- Click on 'your activity’ and select the 'time spent' option.
- Choose 'set a reminder to take breaks' and 'set daily time limit'.
9. To help you maintain privacy even on your public account, Instagram lets you disable comments from your posts. Although you can not disable the comments on all your posts at once, you can do it post by post.
- Tap on the ‘+’ sign to share your post.
- Select the picture/video from the gallery and tap ‘Next’ two times.
- Go to Advanced settings and enable the ‘turn off commenting’ option.
- Choose the post you want to turn off comments for.
- Click on the ‘three dots’ from the post.
- Tap ‘turn off commenting’.
10. Sometimes you would not want to chat or respond to the messages but stay online. To prevent your followers from seeing your active status, Instagram has earlier introduced a feature in which a user can turn on/off the activity status.
- Tap the profile icon.
- Tap the ‘three lines’ sign on the top right corner.
- Go to settings and select privacy.
- Click activity status and turn it on/off.
Instagram introduces 6 new messaging features — it now has lo-fi chat, polls among friends, silent messages and more
Realme Buds Air 3 review: Impressive noise cancellation on a budget
Popular on BI
- Unlocking the Wonders of Coconut Oil: From Culinary Delight to Wellness elixir
- Chestnuts: Nature's nutritional powerhouse
- Taylor Swift's ‘Eras Tour’ concert film set to premier in India
- Melting poles: Unprecedented levels of sea ice loss threatens global climate balance
- Peanuts: A nutty marvel of nutrition