This OTT player lets you ‘watch now and pay later’
MX Playerhas launched a new premium ad-free service called MX Goldwith a pay later option.
- Users can now watch ad-free shows and movies on the platform whenever they want and pay for them later.
- MX Player will start its ‘Watch-Now-Pay-Later’ service in partnership with Paytm PostPaid.
AdvertisementMX Player — the video streaming platform owned by the Times Internet — launched a new premium ad-free service called MX Gold with a pay later option.
Unlike other OTT players like Netflix, Amazon Prime and Disney+ Hotstar, users can now watch ad-free shows and movies on the platform whenever they want and pay for them later. MX Gold — priced at ₹299 for an entire year — is the first ‘Watch-Now-Pay-Later’ offering by a streaming service.
“We are breaking the mould of how entertainment has been consumed till date,” said Abhishek Joshi, business head of MX Player.
MX Player will start its ‘Watch-Now-Pay-Later’ service in partnership with Paytm PostPaid, but it will onboard other partners in the time to come. The development was first reported by Economic Times.
“Entertainment has always been a 'pay first experience later' phenomenon, and we intend to change that. If you don't have money to spare at this juncture or do not have your payment details handy, this initiative will let you navigate your way out of trouble, and you can pay when it suits you,” said Joshi.
The company believes that the arrangement gives more time to the customers to pay and makes it much easier for them to decide what to buy. It also claims that the feature would make customers less likely to hesitate while deciding what to watch.
The company currently has 175 million active users in India and over 275 million monthly active users worldwide. According to data by utilities comparison and sales company Selectra, MX Player app has over 500 million downloads.
Disclaimer: Times Internet is a part of Bennett, Coleman and Company Limited (BCCL), which also publishes Business Insider in India.
RIL, Maruti Suzuki, Tata Motors, Bajaj Auto among stock to watch out for on June 2
Infosys could remain the ‘vendor of choice’ even if recession comes, say analysts
Mukesh Ambani's Jio lags behind Airtel which is the top telecom brand in India
Popular on BI
- Micron begins construction on $2.7 bn India semiconductor plant in 'epic' beginning
- India, Japan agree to strengthen economic cooperation including achieving progress on high-speed railway project
- India rises to No 1 in ODIs, becomes top ranked team in all formats
- Discover what's new in iOS 17: Your ultimate guide to the latest features
- Hyderabad-based ethnic retailer Sai Silks Kalamandir IPO subscribed 4.4x